𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐: 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦, 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴

Chapter 37: New Life, New Chances

"I have this thing where I get older, but just never wiser." —Taylor Swift, Anti-Hero

" —Taylor Swift, Anti-Hero

🕸

MIDTOWN SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
AND TECHNOLOGY

LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

JULY 15, 2016

🕸

"WHY do I need to go to school?" Aurora voiced her frustration while glancing out the window, sitting in the passenger seat beside Happy driving through a street. Hogan could only sigh at her complaints, wondering why he had to put up with it. Of course, if Tony was the one to take her, it would create so much unnecessary attention that they didn't need. In truth, Happy was posing as her guardian since her parents were going through a divorce– at least in her cover story, she'll say for the orientation soon.

"Because you made a deal with Tony," The bodyguard remarked, intending on focusing on driving instead of listening. Aurora turned the volume up to hear some music, however, Happy turned it off for silence. She turned to glare at him, increasing the volume and then changing the song but he lowered it again.

"Ugh but why this one... Midtown School of Science and blah, blah, for nerds. It's so far away from the tower," The teenager groaned, leaning against the seat with crossed arms like a little girl who got scolded.

"That's why you'll live somewhere closer to the school with a roommate—," Hogan replied calmly, Aurora perked up at the mention of roommate and moving somewhere else. Turning to the bodyguard with a mixed expression, thinking he was lying to her. Except he wasn't this time.

"Roommate? Dad never mentioned that! That's it! There's no way I'm staying with someone else." She retorted as they were pulling up to the school parking lot. If she could describe hell, it would be forced against her will in attending school and living with someone she doesn't know.

"It's only temporary until the Avengers Tower is finished relocating their new headquarters upstate," Happy explained, thinking it would shut her up with the questions to get this over with. Now it was Aurora's turn to prove him wrong. Momentarily glancing at the school building before complying, if it meant visiting her mom she would do it.

"...It's it Maria Hill? Because I like her," Aurora voiced her opinion, wondering if she could at least get an answer.

"No, I don't know who it is. Now, be a good Hunter and smile when you enter. Got it?" He stated firmly, getting out of the vehicle as the girl rolled her eyes at his impatience. Opening the door before closing it, showing him her best fake smile as they entered the building. It took them some time to find the Administration Office until they were asked to wait for the Principal to return from his lunch break.