42

"Midoriya. I'm going to meet up with my family later." Todoroki stood up, avoiding eye contact with the greenette at the foot of his bed.

"As in your father?"

Todoroki remained silent, which likely meant a yes. Izuku smirked.

"Good luck with that. If I know Endeavor, this'll be a bad idea. Especially since you supposedly killed him."

"What would you know? You basically don't have anyone anymore." Todoroki suddenly snapped, his eyes narrowed with hatred.

Izuku's smile only grew wider. "That's the difference between us Shoto. I don't need anyone." Why did that hurt him so much? Izuku sighed, chuckling a little. "Don't come back with two burns Todoroki."

Todoroki stayed silent, pivoting around on one foot. "You're a monster." But Izuku had already left.

"Bastard. Who cares about his opinions? Besides, if he becomes of no use to me, I can kill him and frame his crappy dad." muttered Izuku, pacing down the stairs and down the hallway.

Izuku reached out to open his door when he saw an envelope taped onto the doorknob.

There was a signature in a familiar handwriting. 

"Kacc-Bakugou.." Izuku ran his thumb along the signature before opening the envelope. In bolded words, there was a clear message.

Meet me outside ASAP.

Izuku would've been worried about this months ago, but it was different now. He felt his mouth curl up in excitement. If Bakugou found out about his secret, he wouldn't share it to anyone. Who would believe him anyway? He had the original "evidence" that got him thrown into jail, so who could possibly believe him now?

"I'll be there shortly." murmured Izuku, stifling back a laugh. He couldn't wait to see the look on Kacchan's face when Deku, the loser, kills everyone.

---

"This is not a good idea." Hawks stared blankly at the guy giving the announcement of giving up all other villain searches to focus on Dabi. The presenter's name was Fuwakawa

"Listen Hawks, I know you two had a cute backstory as kids, but this is a code red. Dabi killed two of the members of the Musutafu Police Force and severely injured the other 5. We can't let any more innocent lives be taken."

Keigo looked at the projection with dead eyes. "But what if we're making a mistake? There's been plenty new villains to come into light and we are only focusing on one? It just sounds dumb to me."

"Whats the matter with you Hawks? What's the hold up? He is eligible for the death penalty, and yet you still mindlessly defend a villain?" yelled a C-List pro hero by the name, Terratrack.

Hawks thought back to Touya's words. Heroes throwing villains in prison for justice. It's not helping them become better people, it's just helping them to realize a villain is now the only way society will ever see them.

Keigo felt a sudden feeling of guilt rush through his body. Regardless of his thoughts or feelings, he has to put his job in front. It just doesn't feel right.

"If you do this, I'm quitting." Hawks suddenly blurted.

"WHAT! We can't let him continue to roam free." Fuwakawa's eyes were so wide in shock that Keigo wouldn't be surprised if they fell out of his skull. "Your life was at stake that night, Hawks! How can a mere 'childhood-bond' affect your rational decision making!?"