23 the other woman

and as the years go by the other woman,
will spend her life alone.
LANA DEL RAY

CHAPTER 23  A DAY OUT W/ SCARAMOUCHE

CHAPTER 23 A DAY OUT W/ SCARAMOUCHE

showing up at their destination, the amusement park was blasting with individuals and shouts could be heard from one of the outrageous rides.

your eyes lit up at the number of food stalls, making you slobber at the sight as you've for a long time needed to give a shot for takoyaki and crepes.

scara stood right close to you, his indigo eyes examining the spot and the children running around.

scaramouche opened his mouth to speak just as he was about to say anything. a child ran into the h/c-haired female out of nowhere and fell onto his buttocks.

"ow," the child groaned in agony, and you instantly walked up to extend your hand to him, asking, "are you all right?"

before returning to his little feet, the young kid stretched out for your hand, his lips forming a grin.

"thank you!-"

the child's gaze went to the person beside her, scara delivering one of the deadliest glares capable of killing the child on the spot, as well as a terrifying aura emanating from him.

you remained there dumbfounded, oblivious to the fact that the child's palms trembled in your grip until he wrenched his hand away.

"i'm so sorry!" he squeaked as he ran towards his mother, who began scolding him after seeing their youngster had vanished for a little period.

the two of you watched them interact before the mother picked up her kid and before long left.

scaramouche tsked at the interaction that drew your full attention, but instead of questioning him about it, you'll ask him about it when the time arises.

"where do you want to go first?" scara inquired, his gaze shifting away from the mother and child's disappearing silhouettes.

"let's play those games and strike a bargain," you suggested, and scaramouche clearly accepted your challenge.

as the pair had shown up at a particular well-known shooting game. the owner started welcoming them over once he saw the two.

"if you strike one of the moving figures, you'll win one of these prizes!"

the rewards consisted only of stuffed animals, some of which were significantly larger than the others. the violet cat plush, on the other hand, piqued your curiosity.

'it resembles scaramouche.' you laughed at the idea, making scara raise one of his eyebrows accordingly. "what are you giggling at?" he asked.

you replied "nothing" with your fingertips holding the fake rifle. the boy sighed before ultimately dropping the subject.

scara grabbed one of his cash out, paid the owner, and then proceeded to his location. "what's the deal?" he said, his gaze drawn to the moving individuals that appeared out of nowhere in front of them.