ᵛᵒˣ ᵃᵏᵘᵐᵃ┆⁰¹· the red charm ⛥·˚

note: this route episode does not intervene with the actual plot

note: this route episode does not intervene with the actual plot. what happens in the vox route didn't happen in the main story.

╭───────────────*·˚➳
⛥┊オカルトクラブ ˎˊ˗
┊₍✞︎₎ ..⃗. ꒰ ⁰¹· the red charm ꒱ ⛥ೄ ・゚ˊˎ
╰─•*⁀➷

 ✞︎ the two were silent as they walk back to y/n's house.

vox's steps were a bit slower compared to y/n's. he just stared at her back while admiring her perfectly imperfect self.

he couldn't forget how divine and ethereal y/n looked underwater. it was already a core memory of his, and her beauty could easily just put all most beautiful paintings in shame.

but what vox couldn't forget the most was the hesitation y/n had, and the fear on her face during the charm ritual.

"y/n." vox called.

"yes..?" y/n paused walking to glance at the man.

"there's a nearby ramen truck here. would you like to eat dinner with me?" he asked.

i have to ask her about earlier. i don't think i'd be able to sleep without getting an answer. vox thought.

"hmm? sure." y/n answered and walked back to stand beside vox. "lead the way."

the two of them walked side by side. no one bothered speaking, but it was already fortunate for them that the atmosphere wasn't awkward.

"y/n."

"i know i'm boring i'm sorry." y/n immediately said and cried anime tears.

"ah, it's not that." vox panicked a little bit. he then sighed.

"it's... it's about the charms." he confessed. "i saw how skeptical you were to continue underwater. and when you told the others about it... i think you're... you're lying."

y/n gulped.

"y-you're so sharp that it's scary." she joked. "w-well..."

"you got one unique charm." y/n honestly said. "i was hesitant to tell you because i'm afraid it might scare you or make you hate me even though i didn't choose that power for you it's the power that chose you and maybe it's-"

"take a deep breath, y/n. it's okay." vox said while chuckling.

y/n heaved a phew. "sorry. i'm just anxious."

"i'm not gonna lie, i am anxious too." vox said as well.

the smile on his lips made y/n a bit relieved.

"well... i don't know how those powers work, to be honest. like how they were assigned to you and how you got those specific powers." y/n said. "i've always believed that it may somehow be related to people's past lives."