ˢʰᵘ ʸᵃᵐⁱⁿᵒ┆⁰¹· the purple charm ⛥·˚

note: this route episode does not intervene with the actual plot

note: this route episode does not intervene with the actual plot. what happens in the shu route didn't happen in the main story.

╭────────────────*·˚➳
⛥┊オカルトクラブˎˊ˗
┊₍✞︎₎ ..⃗. ꒰ ⁰¹· the purple charm ꒱ ⛥ೄ ・゚ˊˎ
╰─ • *⁀➷

 ✞︎ "how do you feel?" y/n asked after she and shu left the school premises.

"hmm? about what?"

"everything."

"everything?" shu held his fingers on his chin. "hmm..."

"わくわく?" [waku waku] shu said before grinning at the lady, making her laugh. 

shu let out his infamous soft laugh as well. "i mean, ever since i'm young, i've been a big fan of supernatural stuff." he confessed. "i thought occult club only exists in animes and mangas. i never knew i'd be able to join one myself."

"yeah, you once mentioned it when we first met." y/n said. "also luca, right?"

"luca loves everything." shu said, chuckling.

"well, because the supernatural is one of my main interests, I've kinda dealt with them myself during my childhood days." shu said. "ah- but they're all for fun and kinda fictional... like you know, visiting an abandoned house. investigating and researching stuff."

aaa. i almost told her the secret. ike and vox would've killed me. shu phew'ed.

"I see. so that's why you weren't surprised about the charms?"

"hmm... yeah, kinda. i mean, ever since i'm a kid i know they're somehow real and i also know i'm about to witness it soon."

"so you can say i'm already kinda used to it and to what has been happening." shu said. "don't get me wrong though. i'm still fascinated by everything. especially how the charms work with us."

y/n nodded. "you were very calm earlier too."

"you're lying. i panicked when i saw the purple rays." shu said with a smile and a little frown. "i think vox was the best one who handled everything earlier."

"who wouldn't? they're rays, shu. and they started wrapping themselves around your body." y/n said as a matter of fact. 

"yeah you're right..." shu said while staring at the lady's back.

"how was it, though? receiving the ability." y/n asked, looking back at him with a cheeky smile.

"well..." shu chuckled and looked away. "i would be lying if i said i wasn't scared. i even panicked."

"but you were there so i don't think i should worry about a thing."

"shu..."

shu could feel his cheeks heating. and he bets y/n could see it with the help of the streetlights. so instead of looking at her reaction, no matter how much he wanted to see it, he chose to continue looking away.