Chapter 1 - CHEMISTRY

"So basically the charge of the element next to it becomes the number next to it. For example potassium and oxygen would be written as K and O2 respectively but as a compound it's written as K2O."

"Because the charge for potassium is one and the charge for oxygen is two?" The boy asked. You smiled.

"Exactly, Todoroki-kun. You're catching on super quick. Your other teacher must've skipped a few points in the theory but that's no problem considering how smart you are. Is it just chemistry or-"

"Physics too. And a bit of math. Don't tell my father."

"Don't worry I'll just tell him we're doing exam prep when we ask for a second and third session."

"Thank you."

"Don't feel embarrassed, Kid. You're a grade above kids your age. It's okay to struggle. What are you planning on doing after you turn fifteen? Just hero training?"

"Probably." He mumbled, already dreading the prospect.

"Suppose your dad pushes you pretty hard."

"Yeah."

"It would be a bummer if you started hating hero work because of your dad being a weiner."

He smiled softly, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I don't think that will happen."

You ruffled his red and white hair. "Probably doesn't mean much coming from your new homework tutor but I'm proud of you, buddy."

He stared at you for a few seconds before nodding bashfully.

"What happened to your previous tutor by the way?"

"Started flirting with my father. He didn't like that."

"Geez how old were they?"

"Nineteen."

You snorted. "Your dad may be a weiner but at least he has standards."

"I feel like the bar is very low." Came the thirteen year old's sassy reply.

The sliding door opening drew their attention. A nearly two meter tall man stepped in staring down at the two of you sitting at the table with indifferent blue eyes. He seemed to be made of pure muscle and you stood up to meet the beast in front of you unabashedly.

You offered your hand and be shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Todoroki-san. We were just finishing up."

He looked past you and at his son. "Is he passable?"

The situation would have irked you had you not dealt with much more brash, anal people in your life.

"Yes Father."

The red haired man nodded curtly and then left the room. Leaving you and Shoto alone once more.

"I didn't know your dad was Endeavor."

"Wait, seriously?" He was shocked.

"I knew he was a pro hero but to be honest I didn't really listen on the phone call."

There was a pregnant pause.

"Does he have the flame beard thing going on 24/7?"

"Usually. Unless it's a fire risk or he's sleeping."

"Dang."

"Yeah."

"So next week Friday again?"

"Yes please."

You jotted something down in your notebook.

"Alright, Todoroki-kun. I'm off. Have the extra homework done by Friday if possible."

"I will."

~~~

In the middle of your second tutoring session, Endeavor stormed in once more. By the way Shoto tensed next to you, you assumed his father was pissed.

You turned around, staring at the wall of muscle that was practically fuming in front of you.

"You're back early, Todoroki-san?"

You looked down at his white shirt. Part of it was being stained red. Christ, did he even get that treated?

"You're injured?" He just glared at you, daring you to say another word.

"I could heal it?"

He paused, looking into your eyes for the first time. Geez, this guy really doesn't talk much does he?

"I'm assuming the doctor sent you home, huh? I guess good healers aren't always available. My quirk won't have any negative effects on you so I don't mind."

He wordlessly lifted up his shirt. Hmm hello.

His stitches were torn. Guess he'd been stomping angrily since he left the hospital. His frustrated frown hadn't left his face.

You looked to your side and spoke to what appeared to be an empty room.

"Hey Yuki? Can I borrow it?"

In your field of view a short, brown haired girl appeared, lookin at Endeavor with a distainful grimace before nodding and putting her hand on your bare forearm.

"Alrighty, these stitched can dissolve, right?"

He nodded, shooting a confused glance at the empty room.

You gently placed your hand on the wound and knew the quirk was activated as soon as you felt an numbingly painful sting on your abdomen. You tried not to grunt and instead smiled as you retracted your hand and the wound was gone.

"There you go. Now you can go save lives or whatever." You chuckled as you saw the frustration melt off of his aflame face, instead replaced by a look of determination, and he stomped out of the house with renewed vigor.

"Why'd you do that?" Shoto asked.

"You were uncomfortable. So I figured he'd fuck off if I helped him."

"But it hurts, doesn't it?" He looked down at your abdomen. It wasn't bleeding.

"Geez you're perceptive. Don't worry about it. It's only a phantom pain. Only lasts for two hours."

He looked mortified but nodded.

"Your dad is a fucking unit though. I can't imagine throwing a hissy fit while feeling like a gutted fish."

"I swear he exists out of spite. Everything he does is to prove someone wrong." Shoto mumbled. "Stubborn asshole."

You practically cackled.

"Who's Yuki, by the way? You seemed to be talking to someone but I couldn't see them."

"A ghost."

"What?"

"Okay. Ten minute break is over."

"Hey. You said fifteen minutes..."