Chapter 47 - DEBUT

"You're late."

"Enji. It's literally six am. I'm here two hours before any other intern would be."

"You wake up at four, walk the dog for forty minutes and then get redressed. It's a twenty minute drive here so you should have been here half an hour ago."

You frowned. "Nerd."

"(Y/N)," he warned.

"Ughhhh fine. There was a villain."

Enji stilled. "Was it him?"

"Oh God no. Some tentacle mother fucker. Was feeling this one lady up and she was not having it. So I uh, punched him. Wanted to call the police but the lady didn't want to press charges."

"So you just let him go?"

"I mean, what could I have done?"

Enji sighed through his nose. "Nothing. I forgot you don't have the standard issue camera. I'll have my PA fetch you one."

You nodded eagerly, not very keen on feeling the dissapointment and helplessness from earlier a second time.

Enji looked at you expectantly and then seemed confused by the expectation in question. You frowned before realizing you hadn't even said good morning today.

You smiled, sticking your hand in his flaming hair and bringing his forehead to yours briefly before parting. "Morning Enji."

"Ah. Yes. Morning."

You gave him a light punch on the arm and left to get suited up. Burnin' followed you and immediately you were bombarded with questions.

"Are you two fucking?"

You groaned. "Oh my God. No."

"Then...what was that?"

"None of your business is what. Unless he deigns to explain it."

"Chill dude. I was gonna congratulate you two if you were together."

"Don't do that. You'll piss him off."

She whistled, "Shit I'm well aware."

You gave her a withering look. "You've asked him before?"

"Yeah. He didn't like seem angry or disgusted. Just bitchy."

You snorted. "He is sorta bitchy sometimes, yeah. But it's funny so who cares?"

"I think you're the only one that thinks it's funny. I nearly pissed myself."

"He's hot when he's angry though."

She thought about it and then nodded reluctantly. "You're kinda right."

~~~

"Good. You're ready. We're going on patrol," Enji stated, adjusting one of his gauntlets.

"Fair warning, En. I don't think I'll be very professional."

He smiled endearingly. "I didn't expect you to be."

"It's good to have realist view of the world, Enji. Plus ultra or whatever."

Enji scowled. "Have you talked to him? You're friend's right?"

"Actually...I haven't. I've been too busy spending time with you and the kids," you answered honestly. Well, you hadn't texted but you did see him the last time you took Shouto to see Izuku. It seemed to mollify Enji. You smirked, bumping his hip with yours as you walked past him and to the exit.

"What? Are you jealous? There's only one place in my heart for a muscular man with killer lats. I swear," you exclaimed dramatically, one hand up as if you were proclaiming a vow.