Chapter 2 - BEEF

"Augh. Kill me please." Shoto had become a lot more expressive over the past month and a half.

"Oh come on buddy. It's just stoichiometry."

"You're a sadist."

"I mean you're right but I don't enjoy torturing children."

"Gag." He stated, rolling his eyes.

Fuyumi came into the room, staring incredulous at the two of you. After a while, she smiled and placed two cups of tea on the table.

"Oh my God. You're a life saver Fuyumi-san."

"You're older than me, (Y/N). Please just call me Fuyumi."

"You're just so mature. I keep forgetting."

"What a nice way to say I look old."

"You don't look old, you just..."

"Just what?" She laughed. You liked her. You met about two weeks ago. She was on a business trip the month before and apparently her other brother was in college. Apparently Shoto had a few sitters during that time, given that Endeavor was rarely home.

"You're just attractive. I associate attractiveness with people older than me."

She paused, then blushed. "I'm not."

"Insufficient evidence. Objection denied." You said, and tapped you tea cup against the table.

Shoto rolled his eyes. "Please don't date my sister."

You stared at him in mock offense. "Excuse you. I'm a professional. I don't mix work and play unless I get to stare at your dad's ass."

Shoto blanched. "Nobody is safe from your deviance. Who's next, Natsuo?"

"Eh he's a little young."

Fuyumi started laughing. The two of you turned to her. "I'm sorry, just. This is the most I've seen you mess around with someone in the past year. You have a social quirk or something, (Y/N)?"

"I do but I didn't use it. I swear it on the name of Midnight's all mighty whip." You placed a hand against your chest. Both siblings rolled their eyes.

Fuyumi stared at you intently.

"Hey, how do you feel about becoming Shoto's au pair? We would pay you and you could live here. We know of your circumstances and I want to help. You can refuse of course but I just thought-"

You wordlessly pulled her into a hug. "You don't understand how much that will help me. Thank you. Thank you so much."

She hugged you back. The interaction left Shoto confused.

"Circumstances?" He thought.

~~~

Only a week later, you had joined the Todoroki family unit. Though, it couldn't really be considered a family unit considering it was mostly Fuyumi and Shoto running into one another whenever Fuyumi was working.

Most hours of the day it was just you and Shoto and you opted to get into cooking while he was working.

For now you were just testing out a few recipes to find some signature dishes. Most focused on being high in protein, having healthy carbohydrates and being low in fat. You offered to make dinner for you for the family too however, so you had to figure some plant based dishes out for Fuyumi.

The sliding door opened. You wondered what exactly made the way he opened it so identifiable. It reminded you of footsteps down a hallway. Each person's was different.