Chapter 58 - PLAGUE

Your hands moved deftly over the keyboard, as you acted as if you were hacking the bank's security system. In reality, you were just frying the cameras and lock mechanism using your electromagnetic quirk.

The door swung open and the gang members beside you tensed, ready for an alarm to start blaring, but none came.

You immediately put them all to work.

"Albatross, stay in the van. Saw, come with me. Popeye, I expect you to be on high alert behind us. Dabi, you're back up. Don't use your quirk unless you need to."

The villain scowled. "Why?"

You turned to him, as haughty as ever in this form. "Because you're no use to me if you burn yourself to a crisp."

He didn't retort after that, simply retaining his grimace.

You ushered Saw forwards and into the bank before hurriedly pulling him towards the safety deposit boxes. The locks had been disabled along with the security system, but they still had to be, well, sawed open.

You pointed out a select few boxes. "That one, that one, that one and finally this one."

Saw raised a skeptical brow. "Why?"

You grinned. "Because with the documents in those we can blackmail a dozen rich assholes, of course."

Popeye's eyes widened. "How do you know that?"

"Lets just say the employees aren't particularly tight lipped," you lied - thankfully convincingly.

After a few minutes of you keeping your eyes trained on both the door and Saw, the man announced he was finished, and started fishing envelopes, manilla files and other documents out of the safety deposit boxes. He frowned.

"They're only files, Plague."

You grabbed a red folder wordlessly. One that Yagi had told you about, and opened it. You brandished a photo of a bound and gagged woman crying up at the camera. She'd angled her body between the person holding the camera and the three children behind her.

Your lip curled up in a snarl. "You see, Stain likes playing hero and I like making money. Pieces of shit like the owner of this box - we'll expose their crimes for the world to see and the others? We'll have them pay for our silence. How's that sound?"

Saw's eyes widened in understanding and he turned to his boss who just nodded.

"I ain't got any complaints."

Dabi spoke up. "Stain just sent a distress signal from the rooftop!"

Which meant a hero was inbound. You sighed. Well, might as well make it convincing.

"Everyone, to the van. Take the files with you. I'll intercept the hero or law enforcement with Stain."

Dabi frowned. "Alone? What if you get caught?"

"We're not attuned enough as a group to fight together. Stain and I are. Get to the van so that all this fucking work does not go to waste. Tell Albatross to drive through the warehouse district to throw them off and then make your way to the hideout."

Dabi grumbled as he speed walked to the van, the rest of the gang hot on his heels.

Albatros had barely started driving down the stretch of road before a figure clad in black crashed through the window. You recognized the flash of yellow and long black hair quickly enough to close your eyes in time.

"Eraserhead. I'd say it's wonderful to see you but I don't plan on looking at you very much."

The hero didn't seem very intent on speaking, immediately attacking. Heinrich hovered near you but didn't dare touch you. "Right hook," he mumbled.