Chapter 55 - TRUST

"Are we sure about this, All Might?" Ryuko asked, running a hand through her blonde hair.

All Might and Enji nodded, in sync. The remaining heroes looked at you and Zack. You were sitting on a chair while Zack was cuffed and kneeling on the floor. He stared at everyone in a sort of daze, your hand braced on his head.

"I trust (Y/N) wholeheartedly. Not to mention his quirk is extremely useful for undercover missions."

"Yes but does Stendhal need to be part of it as well? This is incredibly dangerous. Not to mention is probably breaking a ton of laws," Wash spoke up.

"How do we know that bastard won't kill more people?" Kamui Woods said, before his eyes widened and he pointed at Zack. "That one, not you. Sorry."

Gang Orca looked at the two of you, intrigued. "I mean, he managed to get the guy to go into subspace just by telling him to kneel. I'm pretty sure (Y/N) can keep a leash on him. Both literally and figuratively."

You recalled Kang Mina from the gala and the tasteful silver choker she wore. You grinned.

"Gang Orca, you devious dawg."

The man rolled his eyes but he was smiling. The other heroes, apart from Ryoku, were at a loss.

You shook your head. "What Gang Orca is trying to say is, even without the help of my mind control quirk, I can keep him under control. I'll be going undercover as a villain I met in prison. He was low rank but had a mutant quirk. Akira."

Slowly, your appearance changed from a human one to one of a muscular, anthropomorphic rat. Red eyes stood in stark relief against white fur.

"He was relatively harmless and didn't have a villain name yet. It'll be easy to create a new identity. I quite like the name 'Plague'."

Before the other heroes said anything, you coaxed Zack out of his trance.

"Zack. Come up from under there. They want to talk to you."

He slowly came back to himself, then looked up, frowning before recognition flashed across his gaze and he relaxed. "(Y/N)."

"For this mission, can I give you a shock collar?"

Multiple protestations erupted from the top ten. Zack silenced them with a quiet, breathy, "Yes please."

Keigo audibly sighed. "Jesus Christ man. What's it with you and really fucking intense dudes? Yami was almost just as bad."

You pulled a face in acknowledgment before turning back to Zack. "I'm also going to need you to manage your expectations. You'll be with me, yes, but my control won't extend further than anything strictly platonic. I'm not exactly interested in being unfaithful."

All eyes landed on Enji.

Zack look morose for a second before resigning himself to his fate. He nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay what?"

"Okay, Sir."

"Good. You also, cannot, under any circumstances, kill anyone. Your quirk is exceptionally effective at non-lethal takedowns. Use it that way."

"Yes, Sir."

You looked up. "Are there any other concerns?"

There was a collective, weary sigh, before everyone shook their heads.

You made eye contact with Enji and smiled softly, gaining one in turn.

"Good."

~~~