Chapter 30 - CLUB

Mirko was ridiculously pleased with the hero costume. Admittedly everyone in class looked amazing.

Aoi's was simple but elegant looking, the muted grays and blues would undoubtedly blend in well with the city environment.

Nagashima's was a sleek diving suit, fitted with a full face oxygen mask in case she happens to be underwater.

Misaki's was a mess of dark red spandex and gun-metal plating but it all came together rather well with the metal neck brace as the main functional accessory.

Miki's resembled an army uniform, created for functionality rather than aesthetics. Haga's was similar, though it complimented her figure. She'd taken your advice to heart and was apparently not above such subtle manipulations.

Sando was wearing a cloak similar to yours, but the outfit was made of forgettable brown hues.

Anyway, Mirko had a hard time controlling herself and accidentally outed you in front of the class, not that they were very surprised. You figured they were pretty accepting considering how well you all treated Sando so you weren't too upset.

"Fucking called it," Aoi stated. Misaki sighed and said,

"Fine. I'll buy you guys a beer or whatever."

"You guys bet on me being queer?"

Haga gave a solemn nod, pointing at Sando. "They said you were hot in passing and we all voted whether or not you were straight."

You frowned. "Why the fuck did Misaki think I was straight?"

"Only God knows," Nagashima murmured.

"So we're going drinking and you're coming with us," Aoi declared with finality. "Miss Mirko can come too if she wants to."

She thew her arm over your shoulder. "I vote we go clubbing."

The other girls cheered and the rest of you looked resigned.

"You know what? Sure. Whatever," you gave in.

Mirko gave a celebratory giggle. "Let's wear matching outfits, (Y/N)!"

"Why?"

"Cause I said so."

A pause. "Fair enough."

~~~

Mirko looked really good in that silk minidress. You felt like you looked like a bodyguard, wearing black slacks and a deep purple - basically indistinguishable from black in certain lighting.

"Roll up your sleeves, idiot," she said, her fluffy white ears flicking back and forth as she took the liberty of completing that task.

Your class looked on in amusement. "I was going to," you mumbled.

Wordlessly she reached up and ruffled your hair, letting a few strands fall over your brow.

"Much better."

You sighed, self-conscious. "I'll just look old next to all of you."

She slapped your arm. "Nonsense. Plus, there are plenty of old people in there."

"There are?"

She gave you a sly grin. "You'll see."

Inside the club, you were greeted with a relatively laid back atmosphere. The music was still up beat and the flashing lights were as characteristically annoying as any club, but the intensity was muted - in a good way.

You saw your classmates' jaws fall open as they looked at the patrons and after a good minute 9f just staring without really computing, you realized why.