Chapter 28 - SPINE

The taunting worked, obviously. Firstly because this was fun. And secondly because you were, at heart, a man child.

You rushed forward, jumping up into the air. Zack's training in prison had been pretty useful - your vertical jump high enough for you to stomp on Enji's face, before jumping over him.

His poor, perfect nose.

Ah whatever. You could fix it.

Before you could land behind him, you twisted your body, hooking an arm around his neck and using your momentum to keep it there while you wrapped your legs around his waist. Another arm snaked around his neck and head - firmly in a chokehold.

If this were an ordinary spar, you would have won, but Enji was a ruthless bastard.

He ran towards the nearest wall, turned in his back to it, and rammed into the concrete.

You practically heard your ribs break. You cried out, but your hold on him just tightened further. You angled your forearm more, completely blocking his carotid artery.

Wild eyes met yours at this. He rammed again. And again. And again.

He turned, looking behind him at the floor. He was giving you a warning. Arrogant bastard.

You obviously didn't heed it.

Milliseconds later, you were slammed into the ground. His full weigh crushing you. Hundred and eighteen kilograms. Damn.

You were surprised you didn't pass out. Evidently, Enji was surprised when he did. You immediately let go and checked his pulse.

Ba-dump...ba-dump

You let out a sigh of relief even though you were still buried underneath a human construction beam. The pain began to sink in however, and it hurt.

You tried to move your legs. They wouldn't.

At that moment Enji began to stir. His eyes opened and he looked up at you, confused. You looked down at him, in horrified wonder.

"You broke my spine."

"What."

~~~

Enji had hurriedly given you blood when he managed to stand up. Wênzi was cooperative, thankfully, and your broken ribs and apparently spine were healed in a matter of minutes.

When you could finally sit up, you placed one hand on Enji's nose and another on the cut on his arm he'd made with a broken piece of tile.

Woah. You did a number in his nose. This shit hurted. Lastly, you wrapped both hands around his throat. He didn't flinch and let out a sigh as the uncomfortable pain vanished.

Shouto had ran up into the house at the declaration that you were effectively paralyzed, before you had the opportunity to say you were fine. He came back down with a flushed Fuyumi in tow.

Fuyumi gasped as she saw the destroyed floor and the blood surrounding it. You still had your hands wrapped around his throat. It clearly did not look like a very benign situation.

"What are you two doing?!" She shrieked and you quickly brought your hands to your lap. Enji seemed to look just as sheepish. Well, to you anyway.

"We're fine, Fuyumi. Look, we're healed," you pointed out.

"Shouto said you broke your back!"

"I mean I did but clearly it's fine-"

"It's not fine. This wasn't a spar, it was a battle!" She shouted. "I don't care how angry at each other you are, you can't just start trying to kill one another!"

Both you and Enji looked mighty confused. You turned to each other, before shaking your heads.

"Not angry," Enji said. You nodded determinedly.

"What he said. It was fun."

Enji looked surprised by this but still hummed in agreement.

Fuyumi looked more horrified than before. "You meatheads! Shouto nearly had a heart attack!"

You looked at the boy, who was shakily picking up his phone. "Sorry Sho."

"It's fine," he mumbled weakly.

You scratched your head as you stood up, offering a hand to Enji, who was still crouching.

He grabbed it and you helped him up. "Sorry for breaking your nose."

He looked at you, his face one of pure incredulity. "I paralyzed you," he muttered.

"Eh. Temporarily."

He huffed. "You're an idiot."

"Well, according to Fuyumi, we're both idiots."

Fuyumi, who was storming up the stairs screamed, "Damn right you are!"

~~~

"Are you sure he can watch it, Mrs Midoriya?" You asked, a bit concerned over the video Shouto had proudly presented to the boy.

"I'm ashamed to admit it, but he's seen worse," she laid a hand on her cheek, exasperated.

"I'm not very strict when it comes to what Shouto does on his phone. Which I think might be bad but I think that if he did find something questionable, he'd ask for clarification. Most of it is born out curiosity anyway. So if he came to me asking about the intricacies of BDSM I could lecture him about consent and safety and then explain it."

Mrs Midoriya blushed, but didn't seem as opposed to the idea as you thought she'd be.

"I suppose it's up to the child. Izuku - he's rather secretive despite not being able to lie to save his life. But we're not entitled to everything they know and they should be able to make genuine mistakes. We just have to pick up the pieces," she said.

You found yourself agreeing wholeheartedly. "Last thing Shouto needs is for me to take away a certain freedom. As long as he doesn't send nudes its fine," you muttered.

She blushed again. "Oh dear. I hope Izuku doesn't do that either."

"I doubt it. He seems like a real stand up kid."

She smiled brightly. Preening under the praise in Izuku's stead.

Just like last time, Izuku came rushing down the stairs. He basically body-slammed you as he exclaimed, "Oh my God you're amazing! What type of martial arts training have you had? How long have you been training? How long have you known Endeavor? How did you recover from a broken spine so quickly? Can that quirk heal any injury?-"

You stopped him with a raised hand and a pained look.

"One question at a time. Please, kid."

He looked deep in thought for a while,  before looking at you. Determined.

"Please teach me how to fight."

[A/N: Does it feel like Endeavor's attitude change was too abrupt? I just figured it's usually what happens between friends after a trauma dump lmao]