Chapter 69 - TIRED

With the recent development of Kurogiri - and by extention - All for One's involvement with the illegal ring, you and Zack were dreadfully busy and on edge.

You found yourself contacting All Might about the mission more frequently than you contacted Enji as you both remained on high alert for the villain's spontaneous arrival.

Dabi seemed to notice your unease throughout the week, and would engage in casual conversation - that you certainly appreciated but the looming isolation from the family that the mission promised was weighing on you.

Once you properly made contact with All for One in this persona, you and Zack would likely been working non stop, and you'd have to minimize leaving to visit Enji and the kids for their safety.

The idea was deeply discomforting. Perhaps your therapist was correct in saying you and Enji were...concerningly co-dependent. Or maybe any person would feel that way in this situation? You didn't have the frame of reference to determine whether it's the former or the latter.

"You look tired," Dabi said, standing next to you as you stared at your pinkish claws, both of your backs pressed against the dark wire of the cage in the middle of the hideout.

You sighed and looked down at the younger man, running a hand through the thick fur on your neck.

"That I am."

"Stain is also a lot less animated."

"Yeah."

There was a tense pause before Dabi bit the bullet.

"Is it about your 'revenge'?"

You frowned, irritated in spite of yourself, before nodding.

"Yes."

Another pause. Dabi was evidently trying to formulate a response.

"You won't be able to kill All for One."

The moment he said that you closed your eyes and took a deep breath to compose yourself. You wrapped your hand around the pendant to block out the sound of your voices from the recording device before replying.

"You won't be able to kill Endeavor either."

A myriad of emotions flit across Dabi's pale face. Anger, indignation, sadness, fear. At least that's all you could identity in the millisecond before he became closed off once more.

He scowled. "I don't want to kill him. I want to ruin him."

You were genuinely impressed at your ability to keep a straight face at this point.

"I don't want to kill All for One either."

~~~

Seeing him the second time was just as discomforting as the first.

All for One entered the hideout, Kurogiri and Shigaraki flanking him. His presence was immediately oppressive, and the other criminals gave him and his allies a wide berth.

You stared at him for a few moments before calmly approaching, ensuring that multiple spirits were touching him so you could defend yourself and the others in the hideout if need be.

You held out your clawed hand, your red eyes meeting the metal of the villain's helmet.

"Greetings. I'm Plague. Your associate never mentioned your name?"

It was impossible to read his expression as he took your hand and shook it.

"Hello. You can just call me All for One. Seeing as we're both using aliases."