Chapter 9 - NDA

Nowadays Endeavor's face is undisguised as soon as he's through the front door. It's a welcome sight whenever you're sitting at the dining room table, helping Shouto with homework.

"Good evening, Sir. You're not injured, are you?"

"Why?" He asked. You'd also gotten better at deciphering his unnaturally curt replies.

"I'm asking because you usually come home later. It's nice having you present for dinner, though."

He nodded and sat down, looking very awkward for a second before he pulled out his phone and wrote what you assumed was an email. He didn't do much else besides work. If he wasn't working he was eating and if he wasn't doing either, he was training.

"What's for dinner?" Shouto asked.

"Spaghetti. We don't have a lot of groceries I'm afraid. I'll need to buy some tomorrow."

"Spaghetti is good." Endeavor said, though he felt compelled to mention, "But it's high carb. Don't make it too often."

"Yessir." You responded, once again dissappearing into the kitchen.

~~~

"Brown rice, eggs, milk, bread, fish - I could make fake fish with watermelon, oil and seaweed -" You mumbled out loud, bumping into a spindly frame.

"Ah fuck. I'm sorry." You looked up, your eyes meeting frighteningly blue ones. They were almost as pretty as Endeavor's - you assessed - though the eye bags weren't exactly flattering. He was tall though. He'd probably be 7' if he wasn't slouching so much. Something about him seemed strangely familiar but you couldn't pinpoint what before he spoke.

"No problem young man." He said, though it was unconvincing when Kirito touched your shoulder and you were given the full extent of his injuries. None given by you thankfully but definitely aggravated by the collision.

"Do you want me to heal whatever discomfort I just caused, Sir? I bumped right into your injury."

He froze. "You can see it?"

"Ah yeah, sorry. Doubt I'd be able to heal it fully but me bodyslamming into you probably hurt like a bitch."

"It's fine, son, you don't have to-"

Your phone started ringing. Seeing the contact, you quickly motioned to the man that you'd be right with him and answered.

"Todoroki-san? Is something wrong?"

The tall man's eyes widened and he coughed and looked to the side to mask his surprise.

"Curry. Buy it." Endeavor ordered over the phone, though he only became this taciturn when he was embarrassed. You smiled brightly since he couldn't see you.

Thoroughly amused, you responded, "What kind of curry do you want tonight, Sir?"

A moment of silence.

"Chicken."

"Do you like butternut and green beans?"

He grunted an affirmative.

"You better be home in time for dinner. It won't taste good if you warm it up in the microwave at midnight."

"You nag a lot." He observed before ending the call. You stared at your phone screen, in wonder before seeing a notification.

[Pyro Parent]

I'll be on time.

The only thing you could do was snort. You turned back to the blond man.

"You know Todoroki-san?" You asked, going off of the man's previous shock.

"Ah...yeah." He seemed very uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, I won't pry. Anyway, heal or no heal, that is the question." You joked, picking up the grocery basket you'd dropped.

He cleared his throat and without warning blood sluiced out of his mouth.

You gaped. "I know that's not my fault but I'll die of guilt if I don't at least try to heal you."

He sighed, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and relented.

"I'll have to touch your skin directly, Sir. Is that okay? I'll be gentle."

He sighed once more and nodded. You deftly slipped your hand under his oversized white shirt and onto where the injury was located, very slowly covering it with your palm.

The pain that you felt was substantial and knowing that this pain was subliminal to the man brought a frown to your face.

"You're amazing, Sir. This hurts like a bitch and I healed a fraction of the muscle surrounding it."

He stared at you, wide eyed, before looking down at his torso. "If a fraction means half. It's stopped throbbing for the first time in months." He breathed.

Yeah you could feel that. You nodded and smiled before turning you your side and staring at the second spirit that touched you of their own volition today. To your dismay you realized it was Sayori. You quickly covered your eyes with your hand and tried to shove her hand off of your shoulder, but when a spirit was being particularly stubborn, that was always difficult.

"Sir, this is really rude of me but another quirk of mine is acting up and if you don't want your personal information to be revealed, I suggest you continue shopping."

You heard him choke and awkwardly move, saying, "Uh yeah I should," before he moved to scurry around you. When he was in front of you, Sayori yanked your hand down but your eyes were still closed. Quite unfortunately, this did not expect the quirk from working and Sayori gasped.

Oh my God.

"Jesus fucking Christ Sayori." You turned to the young spirit, who appeared to be around eleven years old and started going off on her.

"Why did you go and do that, Sayori?! You can't do that without someone's consent and much less without my approval! I don't care if the condition of the quirk is some level of trust. Fuck, I trust the butcher to some extent just because he's an honest business man, but an I going to tell him my greatest secret or something? No, Sayori, because that's not how people work. What you did right now was selfish and an invasion of privacy."

The spirit was on the verge if tears.

"You saw." He seemed confused and angry and scared and resigned all at the same time. "Do you...know?"

"I do, Sir. And I am so fucking sorry, I didn't move my hand of my own volition. Would you mind having a conversation with me outside when we're done? We can discuss an NDA or something. Then I'll explain my quirk to you as an act of good will because I'm pretty sure at this point in time I seem like an obtuse asshole."

"Yeah. Okay. Let's do that."

"I'll follow you around so you know I won't make a run for it. I've got basically everything that I need."

You thought about the phone call, your mood brightening somewhat.

"Except curry."

"Let's go then. Wouldn't want Todoroki-san to get cranky." Toshinori-san laughed as he steered the two of you to the correct aisle. He didn't seem nearly as shaken as before.

"He was probably even worse in high school, wasn't he?"

The hero whistled. "You have no idea."