Chapter 35 - EMBOAR

Your classmates gaped as the 7'3 hero landed on the training grounds. You couldn't keep the burning anger off of your face. "What did I tell you to do, All Might?"

The man had the nerve to look sheepish. "Not come?"

"Then why the fuck are you here! What if he tailed me, you fucking idiot!"

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay," he mumbled, his trademark smile falling from his face. You sighed through your nose and rubbed a hand over your face in frustration.

"I know. I'm sorry. Just, I can handle myself, okay. You're at a greater risk than I am."

You rummaged through your pocket and pulled out the razor blade that you'd placed in a plastic sleeve.

"We might be playing into Slendy's hands if I give this to you, but the choice is yours. It's some blood from the kid that was with him. You could probably check if he's related to another villain in the system. The kid definitely works for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd indoctrinated the little fucker when he was a toddler or something."

All Might gingerly took the piece of evidence from you and nodded. He still looked forlorn. You sighed.

"Dude. It's not your fault. He doesn't even know what you look like when you're not working. You're not the reason he knew about me. The kid is. And the videos Enji leaked, no doubt."

Yagi gave a weak smile and said, "He get those knives for you?"

You nodded.

"I'm glad he's got a friend now," Yagi said, his tone genuine.

"God knows you probably tried, didn't you?" You teased. Yagi chuckled.

"Sure did."

You slapped him on the back. "All right Iron Giant, get back to work. You're interrupting our class."

"Yeah yeah whatever, Hogarth," he joked, and with a low squat, he shot into the air.

~~~

"What the ever loving fuck was that thing with All Might about?" Aoi asked when you, him and Misaki decided to get some food after class. You paid the cashier at the café and carried the borderline divine smelling croissants to the table.

"That's none of your business," you answered sternly.

"Dude we know you keep a lit of secrets from the class but damn, can't you at least tell us?" Misaki pressed. You frowned.

"Drop it."

Aoi sighed. "Fine. At least tell us how you know All Might."

"Friend."

"Uh huh. And?"

"Friend."

Aoi tensed before looking at Misaki nervously. "Listen dude. Promise you won't get mad?"

You looked up and with your eyes narrowed, nodded.

"I got my dad to do a background check on you."

You froze, your expression stricken. "What?" You asked weakly.

Aoi looked unbelievably guilty. "I was just curious at first, you know? I wanted to know where you learned to fight and shit. And fill in the gaps that you were obviously avoiding telling us," he tried to explain himself.

You breathed in and exhaled, and with that breath, whatever semblance of normalcy you'd usually try to keep up around your classmates, vanished.

You felt like you were in prison again. That you had to protect yourself at every turn. That you had to appear invincible so that you wouldn't appear dead the next day.