Chapter 32 - FAMILY

The tournament would be held in October. Frankly, nobody in class was looking forward to it, and you were afraid of hurting someone in the event that they are particularly challenging to fight.

The tension during the lesson were high strung now, everyone scrambling to train as hard and efficiently as possible. Most even stayed behind for extra training, but you had to take Shouto to Izuku's house and then to his mother.

You climbed into the unnecessarily expensive Jeep you used to chauffeur Shouto around and sighed.

You were getting sick of driving.

~~~

"Inko! There's someone at the door."

"Oh, (Y/N), it might be my friend. Be a dear and answer it," she said from within the small kitchen.

You stood up and opened it, finding you had to look down. You saw spiky blond hair and then blood red eyes, followed by a disgusted scowl. You frowned.

"Uh. Hi kid? You looking for Inko?"

"What? Are you her boyfriend or something?" He asked and you grimaced.

"No. Izuku is hanging out with my...son," you replied, finding yourself increasingly annoyed by the boy's behavior.

"Deku has friends?" He scoffed, another nasty sneer present on his face. Wow he looks punchable.

"Am I even allowed to let you in?" You mumbled.

"Oi! I heard that!"

A hand came into your line of sight and grabbed the boy's ear, pulling hard. "Ow. Ow! Stop it old hag!"

The hand slapped him over the head, and a woman appeared in the doorway. She sighed. "God, I'm so sorry for his behavior. Little shit doesn't listen to anything I say."

You chuckled, realizing who the woman was. "You must be Mrs Bakugou. Inko's busy in the kitchen but you guys can come in."

They followed you inside, the boy still scowling. "Hey Inko, Mrs Bakugou is here."

The blonde woman scoffed, saying, "Just call me Mitsuki. You're making me feel old."

"Well you certainly don't look old," you answered honestly.

"(Y/N), she's married," Inko helpfully supplied as she came into the living room.

You sighed dramatically. "I know that's why I called her Mrs Bakugou. Why can't people just let me appreciate other people's beauty," you whined.

"Because the people in question are usually in their forties, dear," she shot back. You deflated.

"It's not my fault you guys have great genes, okay?"

Inko and Mitsuki snorted. The kid scowled.

"Jesus kid, you're going to get wrinkles," you poked his forehead. This drew a growl out of the boy and his palms started sparking.

Your face darkened. "Oh. So you're Katsuki," you mumbled.

"Kacchan?" A small voice behind you asked. Shouto mirrored your look. You were well aware of what this boy did to Izuku on his free time.

The boy remained quiet, noticing he was not only under contempt but outnumbered. "I wanna go home, Hag," he muttered.

She hit his head again. "Then fucking go," she said irritably. He stood up and quietly left.

The tension in Izuku's shoulders vanished. Mitsuki spoke up. "You must be Shouto. Inko has told me all about you."

Shouto nodded bashfully. "Yes ma'am."