Chapter 65 - KURE

"Hey Spitfire?"

Dabi opened his door, mussing his hair sleepily. "Yeah Plague?"

"What hair dye do you use? And can it wash out? Because apparently Kure wants me to exercise discretion, but if you ask me he's just a bit of an exhibitionist."

Dabi seemed amused but looked at you warily. "How do you know I dye my hair?"

"The colour looks patchy some days so I assumed you applied it every day. Hence why I assume it washes out."

Dabi raised an eyebrow, looking impressed. "Why are you leading a life of crime if you're such a great detective, Plague?"

He was a little sarcastic but you could forgive the slight.

"I would just like to know what dye you use so I can use it on my fur."

Dabi stood to the side. "Well, come on in. I've got enough for your face and neck. And yes it washes off so you'll be back to your albino glory by tomorrow."

"Thanks so much, Dabi. I suppose I'll owe you one for this," you said, ruffling his hair as you walked past.

He chuckled. "Consider it payment for the ice cream."

He sat you down on a stool and fetched a bowl and tinting brush, squeezing a tube of some clear fluid into it and dumping black powder into the bowl, mixing it while humming a little tune.

You smiled softly, liking the fact that the young man felt comfortable enough around you to act this way. He was very tense around the other members.

He stood in front of you with the tinting brush brandished like a weapon. "You ready?"

"Yes. Thanks kid."

The corners of his mouth quirked up and he nodded, getting to work.

~~~

You stepped into the skyscraper, adjusting your suit jacket but purposefully loosening your tie to make yourself look a bit more frazzled and unprofessional. You approached the receptionist and in a quiet, almost self conscious voice asked, "Uh. Hello? Sorry to bother you."

She looked up and her eyes widened at the sight of your red ones, but then traveled over the rest of your frame. She gave a polite but put on smile. "How can I help you, Sir?"

"Uh, Mr Kure has asked me to meet him this afternoon. I feel like he just did it on impulse but I didn't want to risk not showing up and him actually expecting my presence."

She huffed. "Between you and me, he is impulsive but if he wants something he asks for it and he expects it. Smart move making it seem like a job interview rather than a...social visit," she smirked salaciously and you looked down, seeming embarrassed and fixed your tie.

"Head to the elevator and press the big button. You'll be taken directly to his office. Have fun, Sir."

You nodded and rushed to the elevator, only returning to your usual demeanor once the elevator doors closed.

It took precisely two minutes and seventeen seconds for the elevator to reach Kure's office. When the doors opened with a quiet ding, Kure looked up and smiled.

"Plague."

"Mr Kure."

"I'm not seeing any red," he remarked, looking at your crisp white shirt.

You steeled yourself for what you were about to do, and then smirked at him, taking off your blazer and tie, placing them on the backrest of the nearest chair.

Slowly, you unbuttoned the white shirt and Kure stared, transfixed. With each button that came undone, you revealed more of the skintight, red, long sleeve shirt you'd worn under the dress shirt.