Chapter 66 - PLANS

Kure took off his sunglasses the moment he stepped into the dimly lit parking lot. He looked somewhat unimpressed but complimented the amount or space available.

"I'm assuming you've been saving up to turn this into your place of work?"

You nodded. "Indeed. Hopefully once we make some money I'll be able to furnish the members's rooms. I'd like to keep that quarter of the hideout as a living space."

Kure hummed. "The place is large, I'm sure that amount of space will be enough. If you were allowing the use of quirks, I'd suggest having one large arena but since you aren't, I think two smaller arenas would be a good way to go. Maybe one can be reserved for people with mutation quirks such as yourself."

You smiled down at the man and he flushed, brushing a hand through his greying hair.

"Good idea. Thank your, Sir."

He hummed. "Depending on the type of people you want to attract, you'll need to change your decor. Elevate it if you want wealthy customers."

You raised an eyebrow as you looked up at the two floors that spiraled up over the ground floor, each looking down on one large open area in the middle of the hideout.

"I think I'll take you up on that one arena idea," you said, grinning as an idea came to you. "I'll draw up the plans for you, Sir. You're investing in this endeavor after all. I want you to be...pleased."

You lowered your voice an octave on teh last word and he glared at you, though there wasn't much heat behind it. "You're a terror," he muttered, making you laugh lightly.

"I've never been accused of being otherwise, why start now?"

He shot you a lazy smile, "Why indeed. Will you be able to draw up the plans by tomorrow?"

"I will. How do you want me to deliver them?"

"You're free to visit me whenever you like," he began. "I believe we're more than acquaintances now. I wouldn't say we're friends yet, though."

You raised an eyebrow. "And that might change."

"Yes," he muttered. "If you prove to be my equal. I have faith you will."

You huffed. "Well, I'd hate to dissapoint, Sir."

"And when the time comes," he continued. "I'll allow you to call me Kai."

"It will be an honor, Sir. Though, next time," you stated, and Kure looked up, meeting your red eyes. "I'd prefer if your bodyguard joined us, rather than training a gun on me from a neighboring rooftop."

Kure laughed. "Am I that transparent, my dear?"

"No. I'm just that cautious. Can I walk you back to your car?"

He held out a hand regally. "Of course."

~~~

Dabi emerged from his room when you strolled back into the hideout.

"You've been flirting a lot less. He get tired of you or something?"

You snorted. "Clearly not. I just told him I'm taken."

Dabi looked over to where Zack was talking to Saw and Albatross. "Who, Stain?"

You shook your head emphatically. "We were, once. Decidedly not, anymore."

"Did you lie then?"

You have him a significant look, "No."

He left it at that, sensing you weren't exactly in the mood to volunteer any information.