eighteen: entrée de journal

"Danger always follows you

"Danger always follows you."

🏹🏹🏹

Day one.
Said goodbye to Elaina, Montana, and Wayne last night with a letter. I didn't want them to follow. I'm writing this journal to keep track of my records. If you manage to find it, please give it to Elaina Hutton so she can know of my where abouts. It is too dangerous to look for her now.

Day two
Made it out of Atlanta. Complete dead end. Nothing inside the city except the dead. Never went inside the city with Wayne, Montie or Laina. Managed to find a car and now I'm heading down the highway. Hope I can make it.

Day four
Something happened. People, I don't know who, were chasing me. The world belongs to the dead now, why are they following me? I'm heading out of Atlanta. Going to stay low. Left my car on the highway and managed to escape through the forest. Followed a river upstream, and now I'm heading in Tigra direction. Sitting by the lake now writing this. Let my sister and my best friends be okay.

Day five
Met two survivors who were hiding out in a little corner shop in the Tigra village. Gave me food, water, and supplies. Left them a thank you note, and left the next day. I didn't even get to find out their names. Will this always be what it's like? Running from danger? Maybe danger always follows you.

Day seven
One week since I last saw my sister and my best friends. Things are hard, and lonely, but I'm managing okay. Hope Elaina is out there. Maybe her, Montana, and Wayne have met other people, like the ones I met at the corner shop? Would be a comforting thought if I wasn't so worried.

Day eight
I chose to leave, I know, but I can't help but miss them. Holding out for hope.

Day ten
Found a girl out in the woods. Ameena is her name. She was trained in the martial arts pre apocalypse. I told her the risks of me staying with her, but she has agreed to walk with me for the rest of the day. She taught me how to make a few traps. I thanked her. Never told her my real name. I wonder if anyone will ever speak it again?

Day twelve
Left Ameena the other day. Was hard leaving in the night, but I can't risk putting her in danger. They could be anywhere by now. Can't say too much.

Day fourteen
They've found me. I love you Elaina, Montana, and Wayne.

This diary is property of Luke Hutton.