forty - five: animosity

"Wayne had warned her of what people could be like

"Wayne had warned her of what people could be like."

🏹🏹🏹

A/N: this chapter is set just after Rick and the others leave to go to Woodberry :)

"MY BROTHER IS WHERE?" Ye-Jun shouted in the prison. Elaina had never heard her raise her voice until now. "WHO THE HELL IS THE GOVERNOR?"

"Look, let's just take a breather!" Axel said.

"I have barely been with my brother a few days and now he could possible die because of this jackass," Ye-Jun snapped. "Don't you dare tell me to take a breather. The only person who will be taking a breather will be the Governor when I whip the air out of his lungs!"

Axel backed off. Elaina thought this was the smartest decision he had ever made.

"When did they leave?" T-Dog questioned.

"No more than an hour ago," said Hershel. "They didn't want to wait, T."

"Nah, it's alright," he said. "I'm happy to stay here and guard the prison. How could so much happen while Ye-Jun and I were out on a hunt?"

"I can't believe Rick didn't wait to tell me," Ye-Jun said, shaking her head. "He's only my brother. Not like I deserve to help or anything. Thanks for your excellent leadership, Rick."

"Watch what you say. That's my dad," Carl snapped.

"And how many damns do I give? Your dad is an asshole and I'll say it again. I don't care."

"He's not an asshole. You don't know anything about him."

"We aren't being reasonable here. Let's not saying anything out of anger," interjected Hershel.

Ye-Jun completely ignored Hershel. "I'm sorry, but is your brother out there, Carl? Butt out of the conversation."

"My dad is out there," Carl snapped. "How can I butt out of the conversation if you are shouting all over the prison?"

"We wouldn't even be having this conversation if your idiot dad had waited behind for me."

"You haven't got any experience. They'd have to protect you more than you would be protecting them. His judgment was just fine on this one."

"You don't know shit," Ye-Jun scowled.

"Or maybe I do, and you just don't like the truth!"

"Hey, let's just be easy here!" T-Dog said.

"The truth," Ye-Jun laughed. "Here's the truth. My brother is out there, could be dead, and your wonderful father didn't wait around to tell me. If you defend him, you're just as much as an idiot as he is. Go and cause some more trouble somewhere else. Seen as there's no one around here to keep you in check."