Chapter nineteen || Secrets revealed

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲 

Nathan hovers over me showering me with kisses. "I'm just saying we have been spending a lot of time together eventually they are going to catch on." I remind him once his lips have left my mouth. He groans rolling off me, "you are ruining the moment." He gives me sad puppy dog eyes, smirking I kiss his cheek. "There will plenty more moments in the future...if you're lucky." 

Besides we only have a few more minutes until we both have to get ready for work, and get the boys ready as well. "If I'm lucky was does that mean?" He asks pouting, "it means we should address this situation." 

"And what situation is that?" He asks leaning down to kiss my neck. And if it weren't for the serious conversation, I'm trying to have with him I would definitely give in to him. "You know perfectly well what I'm talking about. This...us..." I wave my hand between us and the naked state we're in. "My parents who deserve to know by the way." 

He nods laying down beside me he pulls me close to him. We have been spending almost all our time together, Nathan also sleeps over most nights. Lucy most definitely already knows about the two of us. My parents at least suspect things are happening between us, and I have a feeling they're going to mention something soon. 

"What are we going to tell them if they ask?" 

"The truth I don't really think lying to your parents is for the best." 

He's right we have to tell them. I can't lie to my parents even if I wanted to. "I guess that settles that then." Leaning in to him he showers me with more kisses. "Good," he says shifting to hover over me again. "Now why don't we forget everything we're supposed to do today and just stay in bed." 

His lips meet mine and I would love nothing more than to stay here all day. However, I really should get going and I promised Whitney I'd take her shift today. "Sounds tempting," I whisper to him. "But we both know we can't." 

•••

When I go to pick the boys up from my parents after work, I'm even happier that me and Nathan had that talk this morning. Because the first thing out of my mothers mouth is, "what's going on between you and Nathan?" Curse my mother and her ability to see when two people have been keeping secrets. Especially when said people have a past history. 

I go to ask her what she means when I remember that we talked about this for a reason. It's good that they should know, they're my parents and I'm their daughter. No, from now on there will be no more lies between us. 

"About that I think this is more of a coffee and sit-down conversation." 

She doesn't question it just goes to the kitchen getting a pot ready and pulling two mugs out of a cabinet. "Well then it's a good thing we are home alone." 

The boys and Ellie are still down for their nap, my father and siblings are still at school. While I would prefer to have both parents here when I explain what's been going on, mom seems more like the person who will be more understanding. 

She joins me in the living room carrying two cups of steaming coffee and a tray of vegan mini muffins. Taking a few sips for confidence I finally speak. "Something has changed between me and Nathan." 

"I noticed," she says taking a few sips herself. "Would you care to explain exactly what's changed between you?" 

"We kissed..." I blurt, "we did more than that." 

Letting my confession hang in the air for a few moments mom nods me on. "I wanted so badly to hate him. He broke my heart I should hate him. But something about seeing him with the boys it just felt right. We're a family that's been reunited and it's made me happier than I've been in a while."