Chapter forty || Happily ever after

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲

Our families thought we were crazy for wanting to get married in a month. Mom kept going on, and on about how all the planning was going to be stressful. But I didn't care I've waited long enough to marry my one true love; I'm done waiting I wanted to marry Nathan come June third despite everyone saying we should at least give it six months. 

Now here we are June third hours away from getting married. We're having it in the park under the gazebo, and the weather is absolutely perfect. Currently I'm standing in front of a mirror my dress perfectly fitted to my body. It's a sleeveless silk white dress, with lace flowers covering the bodice. It even has pockets which is every girls dream. 

My mom and sisters are here as well. Mom is in the middle of doing Ellie's hair in a Dutch braid, while Aria touches up her makeup. I'm lucky to have them here with me. "Stop messing with your dress you look fine." Mom tells me as she ties Ellie's hair together. "Is someone getting nervous?" Aria asks with the biggest smirk on her face. "What? Absolutely not." And it's the truth I've wanted this moment for so long nervous isn't what I'd call this feeling in my chest. "I just want things to go perfectly." 

"You know it's ok to be nervous." My shoulders are tense and I hardly got any sleep last night, but I'm not nervous. "You look gorgeous." 

"Thanks mom." 

Aria finishes reapplying her lip gloss for the fifth time. If anyone is nervous it's her not me, besides she has nothing to worry about. Well...other than walking down the aisle arm and arm with Julian her longtime best friend and crush. Her dress is rose gold to match the color scheme. She's the definition of pretty it's a shame he doesn't see her that way. Nathan was more than sure that he did, but then why hasn't he said anything? They would make a beautiful couple, and in a way they sort of remind me of Nathan and me. 

"Speaking of gorgeous...when did my little sister get all grown up?" She blushes and busies herself with something else. "You say this every time." 

"That's because it's the truth." I say hugging her. She lets me for a moment before pushing me off again. She's about to say something when there's a knock at the door and my mom says, "if you're not the husband to be you're good to come in." In walks Lucy with Baxter holding on to one of her hands. He's wearing the tiniest tux which makes him look like a little businessman. "You look pretty mama." He says running to me. 

"Where's your brother? Not getting into trouble I hope?" 

"He's with his dad finishing getting ready." Lucy answers for him since Baxter is no longer paying attention, but chasing Ellie-Kate around the room. "Don't ruin your outfit, and hair Elle." Mom shouts. Once the two quiet down Lucy looks back at me, "are you ready?" She asks the biggest smile on her face. Nodding I say, "if I have to wait a minute longer, I'm going to explode." 

"That won't be good, we can't have any brides exploding on their wedding day." I couldn't agree more. I've waited for this day long enough; my stomach is in knots at the very thought of something not going right. 

Lucy looks around the room taking in the multiple people that occupy it. "Is it ok if I have a private conversation with Abby?" 

"Of course," mom nudges my sisters and child out of the room so that only me and Lucy fill the space. It's then I notice the velvet box in her hands. My curiosity can't help but get the better of me. "What's that?" She opens it and inside lies a sapphire necklace and earrings to match it. They're absolutely gorgeous there's no way I can take these, they must have cost a lot of money. "Oh, Lucy..." she holds her hand up. "Before you start arguing with me let me tell you this. Val gave them to me before she went, she told me I was to save them for if and when you two crazy kids decided to get married."