Forces at work

A plane devoid of color was spread out across (F/N) as he laid there unconscious. A sudden jolt opened his eyes and he wheezed. His body weakly rose up against the ground.

"Welcome back. I assumed you know the reason I called you here?" A voice spoke in a irritated tone.

He looked up to see the shadowed figure once more in the form of a dark shade.

"Why am I here..?"

"You have something I'm curious about and I want to make a deal with you as before." The shade replied.

"I did as you asked before." (F/N) spoke angrily. "SO WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE ME BE!!!"

"This is our final deal. That is why I cannot leave you be."

"Give me one good reason my family shouldn't destroy you right this second!"

"You're keen on having me destroyed knowing what it means?" The shade said suprised.

"I told them should anything happen to me you will be the first to die." (F/N) stood up holding his side. "Should you even choose to-"

"End your miserable existence and use your body to fertilize my body with your remains? I can do it right now should you run your lips any further." The shade held onto his shoulder. "Do as I say and I will allow you to live with your family once more. I'm also to bless your soon to be born child. The frail thing might not survive without me. Such a sham-"

(F/N)'s fist tightened like a vice at the shade's through causing the shade to laugh.

"I'm only a shadow you pathetic quim. Accept my bargain or live long enough to watch your son suffer as he is taken back to the wheats."

(F/N) let go of the shade and instead gave a powerful glare. His eyes emanated a rage so powerful it could kill any living thing with a single glance.

"Pathetic? You're using my child as a hostage and my life as well. If anything." (F/N) stomped forward staring down at the shade. "You're the pathetic one. Hiding behind an innocent to make me your lapdog thinking to not expect consequences."

"A fair point you may have, but ultimately I win this contest."

"ARGHHHHH." (F/N) slammed his fist into the ground causing a small crater.

"Accept. My. Deal."

"...fine. What the hell do you want?"

"This Steve character, has something inside him I want purged. Should it become any larger it could grow to be exactly as me."

"That's it then? Fear of something that is decades old and has deteriorated to a point where it's only kept his body alive." He chuckled. "Oh how the Mutamycete has become such a coward."

"Help me and I will never return." The shade extended a hand.

"...alright. I am not killing him however, he doesn't deserve to die."

"Acceptable. Just purge this thing inside him. You have a single day to carry out the order or your child will be without a father." The shade laughed.

(F/N) clenched his already hurt fist and extended his free hand to shake. The hands connected and a shock sensation set through his wrist.

The plane disappeared and his eyes opened slowly to see his daughter clutching his head to her shoulder. She looked down and gasped in suprise seeing his eyes slowly return to normal.

"Don't ever scare me like that!" She squeezed her father.

"Didn't mean for it." He laughed weakly.

"Cmon we have to see Aunt Donna!" Marianne quickly pulled up her father to his feet.