Plan

"Claire. Can I ask you something?" Steve asked.

"What is it?"

"Back on the island... when I became that monster and tried to kill you I want you to know that I was doing everything i possibly could to not hurt you."

Claire looked hurt for a moment.

"I know. The virus overwhelms you and any fragments of your humanity is gone the moment you start to change. I knew someone who was just like you."

Steve was suprised and disheartened to hear she went through another similar nightmare.

"We were all infected with a virus that responds to our fear. The more we grew afraid, the more we began to change." She continued while staring at her wrist. "The colors changed depending on our anxiety. Green, yellow, orange, and then red. We were surrounded inside a abandoned bar and one of the survivors, Pedro, got too scared and changed into one of those monsters."

"That's horrible. What kinda person trapped you on that kinda place?! Umbrella?"

"Sort of." Claire turned to him. "What do you know of Albert Wesker?"

"That hot shot S.T.A.R.S leader? Not much really." Steve shook his head.

"Hm. S.T.A.R.S. Haven't heard that name in years..." She paused before continuing. "He betrayed them and revealed his complicity with Umbrella. However, even after he died we still were learning new secrets about him. You are one and the other is that he had a sister."

Steve scoffed and let out a laugh.

"So the same asshole who took me had a sister that sent you to another hell. What a world we live in."

"She killed herself right before our very eyes when we were escaping only to find out she was alive, but was infected. The Wesker lineage died with her, but Chris reported to me a new problem weeks before I came here." Claire explained.

"It just never ends does it..?"

"No rest for the wicked." Claire gave a low sigh. "There was reports of many people going missing over in Dulvey, Louisiana. The suspected source behind all that is the Baker family after a there was a cargo ship carrying what we believe to be a B.O.W. on board."

"Assholes had it coming..." Steve scoffed and leaned against the wall. "Why bother even allowing them to still stick around. Umbrella murdered my mother, thrown me and my jackass of a father into that prison, and used me as a lab rat."

Steve was rightfully displeased hearing a major incident was occurring within the states. He felt no empathy nor any pity to the unfortunate souls that worked alongside the new umbrella. To him they were just as worse for bearing the same name and using the same types of methods of experiments.

"How could you work for them even after what they did?"

"You were the only reason... I needed peace and now I have it. You can start a brand new life again."

Steve bit the inside of his lip.

"Claire I have nothing to go back to."

"That's not true-"

"It is. My family is dead and Umbrella still exists." He laughed to himself. "What's the point in even going anywhere if there's nothing waiting for you."

"I will be waiting for you."

Steve didn't want to show his skepticism towards Claire's genuineness, but it's been years since they last met. She was becoming a stranger to him the more she spoke.

"Claire. I carry god knows what inside my body. I can't live a normal life even if I wanted to."

"I can help you. We can fix this."