Experiments

"I don't remember much about what happened shortly after. All I know is that I woke up in a strange white room hooked to these creations that pierced my flesh and drained my blood. I struggled to yank them off to be stopped by an opening door. Three men dressed in white observed me before stepping deeper into the chamber. I readied my fist to only be hit with a random unforeseen force knocking me to my knees. They walked further to only step back in suprise seeing my face seething in rage. They shot me again with this force and backed away upon seeing me fight against it. The needles pricking my skin flew out at a lighting speed and impale one of their hands causing them to cry out before having a seizure from the foreign blood. He convulsed on the ground with his veins darkening like shadows. The two remaining grabbed a syringe and quickly came to me to sedate me. I resisted with everything I had and it wasn't enough as I slipped out of consciousness. It wasn't until I woke up I screamed in horror at the reflected image of my arms and legs slowly growing back together. The bones still visible, and the muscle tissue slowly building. I screamed out causing the room to shake hoping it will all crumble down. I just wanted.... I JUST WANTED TO SEE THEM BURN!!!"

Alexander huffed as he held his brother in his arms feeling a strong anxiety wash over him. Dorian met his face with his small hand and caressed his cheek. Alexander breathed out slowly and whispered a silent prayer in his native tongue. He couldn't fathom this strange vision.

"Brother you look pale. Is something the matter?" Marianne asked walking up to him in concern.

Alexander used his free arm to hold her close as he took a few more deep breaths.

"I saw... something horrible. It was like I just... was in agony. My face... was different. Eyes that weren't my own, feelings I haven't felt, and humans I've never seen."

"What could this be?"

Donna stepped forward holding a hand upon Alexander's shoulder. He looked back to his Aunt confused.

"Dorian... is cursed even as a Beneviento."

"Cursed??" Alexander looked at his brother then to her. "What are you saying Aunt Donna?"

"He... sees previously lived souls. What you saw when you held him was a soul that follows him. Even I can sense it..."

"Souls?" Lysithea asked.

"He has the curse of seeing and communicating with the dead." She explained brushing Dorian's hair. "I negate his effect with my scent of my flowers and being his own blood. Your father... didn't want you all to know yet for fear of you treating him as a monster like me with that woman..."

The group remembered Jackass as she walked towards the steps of the castle in a daze. Donna didn't go into too much detail as she explained to them what was happening, but one thing was clear. She went too far and committed the same heinous act as killing her gardener all those years ago. With enough exposure to the pollen and psychological torture that follows with it comes the rise of suicidal tendencies. One a certain nerve was hit on the brain whatever the intentions may be... they would be resolved to commit the one act that was planted inside their minds. For Donna, she gave the soldier an act of mercy from what she saw in her memories. They all accepted it and had to move on much to Donna's regret-filled imbalance to her personality as only and last calm, reasonable Beneviento.

"Aunty. That's not what we will do. Each of us carries a curse." Marianne stated. "I'd rather be cursed than be nothing!"

Donna nodded quietly at the resolve. It's been a few hours since everything happened. The group found a fishing shack with a boat key hanging on a hook nailed to the wall. A small fire was lit, the smoke redirected towards the far end of the cave to make sure there was no trace of it outside. Steve, Rachel, and Cer stared at the small sparks of fire. It was a strange silence that made everyone uncomfortable.