Remember

"We all as humans have 3 thumps from our hearts in a lifetime. The first was the moment your being comes into existence, the second was the experience of joy, love, pain, suffering, and wonder, and the final thump... comes from death. There is a 4th heartbeat that few discover in their lives... that final heartbeat is accepting life's answer and embracing what can be after your rebirth"

"What are you reading Marianne?"

I look to see my father greet me with a curious look as his eyes scanned the unnamed book within my hands. I answered him warmly.

"A book I found from Aunt Donna's study. I never knew she was so fascinated in philosophy."

My hands gently caress the old pages with inked letters. I felt my fingertips and smiled as I continued reading.

"Care to read me a page?" He asked.

"Of course." I smiled before clearing my throat.

"To feel love is a curse, but to have it returned is a blessing."

"Hm. Interesting take on that. Reminds me of a few names I have in mind." He dryly chuckled.

"Father?" I asked. "Is it possible for me to be like you someday."

"Er- like me?"

I giggled and tilted my head letting my hair fall down my shoulders.

"Surrounded by love. You have so much to give and so much to recieve. I want to feel that someday and experience what it's like to be as a parent."

"Well look at you all grown up." He sat beside me in a chair and gazed at me with admiration. "May I tell you something daughter?"

"Like what?"

"In this life there are many things that will happen to you that you can and cannot control. An example being my upbringing and your birth." He rested his hands on his knees. "You will learn to accept or deny the events that happen, but how you grow from it is what's important."

"You always tend to have wisdom here and there. It astounds me father." I leaned into my chair and whistled. "Did you spend time with Grandmother during reading hours?"

"She wishes I did. I rather read books with your younger brother because he always asks me the greatest questions a father can be asked."

"That being?"

I grew curious since he hardly ever mentioned that to me.

"Let's just say he is curious of how such an ignoramus man would tame his mother."

I couldn't contain my laughter the moment that escaped his mouth. He pouted at me as I only laughed further at his facial expression. My sides began to hurt as I fell off my chair and laughed against the floor. My voices echoed across the halls filling the castle with the lively tunes of my hysterical fit.

Gentle hands smoothed themselves over a dark fog and pulled out slabs of dark. A peculiar memory appeared before the figure set to work.

The strange place I found myself and my father in east quite peculiar. Lab coats with an insignia and many instruments I didn't recognize were all around as in many rooms. A strange device was before us with dust hiding the logo. My father dusted it off and pressed a switch and was suprised as it came to life.