Return

"Ughhh... my head... what happened?" A woman spoke.

She rubbed her temple and to her suprise it felt smooth. Her blonde hair fell over her face covering most of her face. The excitement written upon her face made a squeal of delight escape. The smells, the sluggish movement, the horrendous appearance; they were all gone. It felt as if it was a rebirth.

"I'm free.... I'm FREE!!!"

She tried jumping up only to slump onto the ground. Her laughter let out at this. As she glanced at her arm she noticed it was gone up to the shoulder. She saw only darkness in her right eye so she felt her socket only to feel the cavern that once held an eye. Her nails were long, but lost their edge and weren't as sharp. Her skin tone was pale as the driven snow, but her cheeks regained a slight amount of color. She felt a squishy substance around her against the stone, but avoided it.

"I'm..."

Her voice was raspy. The squeal had ruined a fraction of her vocal chords. She didn't mind ruining them momentarily for her next cry.

"TAKE THAT WORLD!!! RACHEL DIDN'T DIE ON THAT SHIP NOR THE DAY AFTER. SHE'S ALIVE AND KICKING. WOOHOOOOOOOO!"

She laid down against the stone happy as can be. The tears started to stream as she glanced down at her arm and felt her empty socket. Her sobs were quiet, but frightened many small rats were listening. Her naked body had barely enough tattered clothes to cover her breast and stomach. Her feet started to become caked in soot along with her back.

"I'm alive..." She looked around to se herself behind rusty bars in a dark room. "Where am I?"

"So you're finally awake. That was quite a performance right there." A masculine voice spoke in the dark.

Rachel squinted and could slightly make out a dark figure. He inched his face closer and she saw his features and golden eyes.

"AH!"

She jumped back before recoiling at the pain from her arm.

"You seem much more human after we removed that stuff from your body."

"What happened?! Who are you??" She asked.

"Calm down. I'll ask one thing you ask one thing. Fair?"

Rachel gulped and nodded at the arrangement.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"It's... R. R...?" She rubbed her head trying to think hard. "Rac... Rachel! Rachel Foley."

"You suffered some brain damage when you changed back and from some other aggressions it seems."

"Where am I?" She looked around.

"Our dungeon essentially."

"What?" She tried to laugh, but coughed instead.

"We are in Castle Dimitrescu. We are in Romania if you were wondering about that part."

"Romania? That's... that can't be. I was... in the water." Rachel rubbed her temple before holding back a grunt of pain. "I'm... trying to remember."

She let out some deep breaths and calmed herself.

"A ship. The... smell; rotting flesh. Gross creatures..."

"When was this.?"

"It wasn't that long... I don't know. What year is it?"

"2022."

A dark look spread on her face as she placed a hand over her face.

"...17 years... it's been... 17 years." She began to cry again.