Resolve

It was quiet... too quiet for Claire. Even with Marianne's voice to lighten their moods after her abrupt amnesia, Claire watched ahead from the window thinking of Steve. His body had changed the same way the only key difference being that he did it on his volition. She clenched her holster and shook her head.

"I can't take this anymore." She started to storm off.

She was stopped by Alcina as the woman grabbed her wrist.

"Please let me go. I need to see Steve."

"He chose to go. Respect his decision."

"Well I'd rather not stick around to see if he comes back or not. I'm going." Claire tried to shake away from her grip. It didn't work. "Let me go."

"You may or may not die out there. As much as I would love to let you leave my castle I unfortunately cannot allow someone of your reputation to be put to waste by insignificant mortals."

"Mother." Alexander spoke up.

"What son?"

"Let her go."

"Wait..." Marianne had a sad look in her eyes. "Steve is out there?"

"He went with you." Claire pointed out.

"But... when did he?" She scratched her head. "Let me go with you."

"I'd rather you keep your distance. You've done enough." Claire spoke harshly.

"I can help-!"

"Marianne!" Alcina released her grip. "Enough."

Marianne winced and cast her stare at the ground. Claire moved ahead leaving everyone to watch her go.

"Should we help her?" Daniela asked.

"Our husband would want us to, but if she's gone I'm rather glad." Bela leaned back. "To be honest we all were thinking something along those lines."

"Not all of us Aunt Bela..." Lysithea stood up and walked towards Claire's direction.

"Ly! Wait." Alexander and Daniela got up to follow.

Cassandra sighed and walked forward.

"Sister? You too?" Bela asked.

Cassandra stopped and turned. Her face was blank.

"I just need to vent out some steam."

Lună and Soare nodded to each other before they linked hands and followed as well.

"NOT YOU TWO. I won't allow it." Bela shot up and marched over to them. "I'm not letting you two go out there."

The twins looked at each other before coming closer together. Their bodies fused in a dark mass before unveiling a beautiful woman close to their mother's height and age. The twin tattoos were on each arm as though their bodies fused. Alcina, Rachel, Bela, and Donna watched with widened eyes all except for Marianne who just smiled at the reveal.

"I was hoping to reveal this later, but the time is now I reveal my true nature, Cer. Mother let me go be of help. I have not done as much as I hoped for us." She placed a hand on Bela's cheek. "Now we can assist them together."

Bela had a hand against her daughters hand and nuzzled her cheek into it.

"I can't bare to lose you no matter how strong we all are. I already felt loss before so I'm coming with you to make sure you don't do something stupid. Because it'll be me before anyone else falls..."

Her daughter smiled and moved her hand to intertwine with her mother's.

"Let's go mother." Cer spoke.