~:Chapter 13:~

She attempted to skid to a stop like a car whose driver had just slammed on the break. Immediately, she lost her balance and rolled onto the tiled floor, closing her eyes as she crumbled facedown onto the tile. As she made contact, she squinted, her eyes closed. Hopefully not have to see whatever terrible demise was coming towards her. However, nothing came in the end.

It was a strange feeling. Yuki had genuinely expected her life to end, and, strangest enough, she accepted that that would happen. She knew realistically there was nothing she could do, so, in a last-ditch attempt, she accepted her fate, only to be left confused and dazed when nothing came. 

Of course, she was relieved. Relieved was an absolute understatement for how she felt. She couldn't have been happier that she realized the grim reaper hadn't come to take her yet when she opened her left eye with a sense of curiosity.

Yuki assumed he must've stepped over her, standing in front of her. She couldn't help but find it strange that he didn't seem to care for her, yet, she was glad it ended up this way. She crawled away from him, pushing her back up against the lockers as she watched the scene unfold.

The hooded boy sighed as he crossed paths with her pursuer. Instantly, the pursuer lunged at him, only to be sidestepped. The hooded boy revealed a butterfly knife from deep in his sleeve and jabbed it deeply into his side, causing the boy to yelp out in pain. Within seconds, he crumpled to the floor with a loud grunt. Yuki curled up into a ball as he crawled passed her, trying his best to get away. The hooded figure sighed before stepping on his backpack, causing the boy to emit another loud grunt. He knelt and tore it from the stranger's side before he gripped his hair and placed the blade to his throat.

Yuki closed her eyes in terror at sight in front of her.

"Player seventy-two eliminated."

Yuki opened her eyes, only to see the boy lying facedown in a pool of blood. She gasped before her eyes darted to the pair of legs adorned in black jeans, with their red pair of sneakers pointing directly towards her. She slowly looked up at the white-haired hooded stranger who looked back at her with dark-colored eyes—the one who had just slaughtered another human being with no hesitation. 

"You're welcome." He muttered, wiping off his blade on his black sleeve. Yuki stared up at him, cowering in fear. He sighed in response to the sight and held out his hand, which she stared at, unsure if she could grab it. The last thing she wanted was to end up like the boy on the ground, yet, she realized there was nothing else she could do. So, she grabbed his hand, and he pulled her to her feet.

"If you want to survive, you'll have to get used to killing." He muttered to her before beginning to walk off. She stood there, only thinking about what he said to her as much as she wanted to deny it. This was the situation at hand. She didn't have time to ask what it was or why. Instead, she needed to ask how she was going to survive. Although, she wasn't exactly sure if she was ever going to get used to killing. Hell, even catching the glance of the corpse in front of her made her sick to her stomach.

"H-hey! Wait! Where are you going!" Yuki called after him, following on his trail. Carefully avoiding the mess of gore that lay on the floor as she hopped over it, picking up her pace to follow behind him. However, he didn't respond to her; instead, he continued to walk forward without even a glance behind him.

"Why are you following me?" He asked, not even bothering to look at her as he carefully glanced around a corner, checking to make sure the coast was clear before continuing. 

"I want to live," Yuki said truthfully. In retrospect, she figured it most likely wouldn't have been the best idea to show vulnerability to someone she barely knew, yet, she didn't care. It was better than being on her own, where Yuki nearly died within thirty seconds of stepping out into the open. She was terrified, genuinely, and he made her feel safe, enough for her to follow behind him like a dog. If she was going to keep her head on straight, she needed someone to look out for her. He turned around and stared.