~:Chapter 45:~

"W-Where are they?!" Lucas frantically thrashed around the room. He frantically searched the floor, his hands outstretched, searching for something on the floor. His hand glided straight through the pool of blood collecting under Zach's corpse as he rubbed the palm of his hand against the dirty floor, leaving a smear of blood in a trail. He crawled around the room, snapping his head in a panicked frenzy.

"W-What are you looking for?! We need to leave!" Tyler shouted.

"My pills. DUMBASS!" Lucas screamed, making Tyler jump like a startled cat. He immediately took a step back in intimidation of Lucas' sudden aggression. "T-They're not here! No... NO... NO, NO!" He screamed, slamming his fists against the floor rapidly. 

"L-Lucas?" 

"S-Shit... I... I..." He sputtered out in response. He gasped as he clutched his chest, aggressively hacking as he fell to the floor, nearly crumpling into a ball. Tyler immediately rushed to his side, placing his hand on his back.

"Lucas! A-Are you okay?!" He asked.

"I... I ain't... I... breathe..." He sputtered out. 

"S-Shit..." Tyler hissed. From the looks of it, he must've been having some panic attack, yet, Tyler wasn't sure what to do about it. He could feel panic as he looked around the empty room. What was he supposed to do? If this were some play, he'd have a line to direct him to what needed to be done, yet, now, he had nothing to go off of. It was up to him, alone.

"Shit!" Tyler grunted. "Okay! Okay... I'm here. Try taking a deep breath!" Tyler said, trying his best to comfort the shaking boy.

"Run," Lucas whispered.

"What?!" Tyler stared at him in disbelief. "N-No... I can't leave you behind.."

"P-Please..." Lucas sputtered out.

"No! You're going to be fine, come on." Tyler looked at him. Why was he trying to push him away? He was going to be okay; both of them were. They just needed to get up and get out of this suffocating room. That was all. It was as simple as that. "C-Come on... See if you can stand up."

"N-NO!" Lucas screamed, shoving Tyler to the side. Immediately, he fell backward, knocking the wind out of his lungs. He laid on his back, gasping for breath as his eyes locked on the slowly rising Lucas, who looked down upon him. Tyler stared at his face, looking into his eyes. Although, nothing changed about him. Something seemed different. His eyes lacked any emotion. It was like a fish, completely staring down at him.

"All your fault..." Lucas muttered. 

"W-What..." Tyler quietly sputtered out between his deep breaths.

"What don't you get, dumb fuck?" Lucas hissed at him in a tone colder than ice. His usual laid-back persona had faded, transforming into whatever stood before him. One thing was for sure; it wasn't Lucas. "You got HIM KILLED. YOU GOT US LOCKED IN HERE. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. WE'RE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU. FUCK YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU." Lucas screamed. His booming voice echoed off the walls, making him sound louder than he was. Tyler whimpered in fear as he pressed onto his elbows, crawling backward away from the deranged version of Lucas if he could even say that was Lucas. It looked like him, but he knew it wasn't him.

"T-That's not true..." Tyler whimpered.

"YOU JUST WANTED TO KILL ME, ISN'T THAT IT? YOU WANTED ME TO DIE. YOU WANT TO LEAVE ME."

"N-No!" Tyler screamed back.

"You don't DESERVE TO LIVE."

Tyler felt his heart drop.