~:Chapter 29:~

"Howdy y'all, It's your favorite host, Sarah!" 

"And Diaz..."

"How eventful the game has been... Wouldn't you say?"

"Yep!" 

"Well, let's see... It all started when the group ended up in the hallway, only to be chased down by a poisonous fog amongst a sea of beartraps! How Scary! The group ends up in a morgue, where they have to play a game! Each of them is given a poison, or they can give it to someone else, which is exactly what Brent and Adam did. Poor Claire never saw it coming, did she?"

"She didn't."

"To cure themselves, the players must go through their trials. Spoiler alert, Mikey was not successful! Ouch! Neither was Zach. Poor boy will be wandering the maze for a while now... Luckily, Claire was saved by Adam, who got to go on her next trial. Brent, along with Jake, also survived their trials. However, Brent's fate was sealed as soon as Claire returned from her second trial, revealing the malice trial. She stabbed him in a turn of events right there! When I tell you, I gasped out loud..."

"It was crazy."

"Fan favorite transfer student Yuki lasted her trial, yet, she found a secret passage into the mastermind's lair... where drumroll please... he was dead. How unfortunate! Maybe we'll get answers to the mystery of who killed him soon? What do you think, Diaz?"

"I hope."

"Well, that's it for the recap. We'll see you next time! Sarah Donis, out."

* * * 

"Shit." Tyler returned to the classroom, turning back to Lucas, who stared back at him calmly. "Someone's outside." He said, turning to peek through the crack in the door, gazing out into the open hallway. In the end, his eyes met the figures of two people, and immediately, he noticed both a guy and a girl, both talking, although he couldn't make out the words.

The guy wore a red suit, adorned with glistening jewelry, like the lead role in a play. The girl, however, had a particular costume that reminded Tyler of a court jester yet turned into some fashionable outfit. Her shoes clacking on the tiled floor alerted him as he realized the pair was nearing the door, and he retreated, turning back to the deuteragonist of his own story.

"What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?!" He frantically asked, repeating himself.

"I dunno," Lucas said with a shrug, fidgeting with a white plastic bottle in his hands.

"How do you not know?! Tyler stared at him in disbelief. "We're mere seconds away from death! What do you mean? How do you not know?" He put his hands on his face as he vocalized his anxiousness, berating Lucas.

"I don't know, man... just go with the flow." Lucas shrugged; his calm voice seemed backed in frustrations, like there was underlying anger, even though he hid it behind a facade of calmness. He popped the lid off his bottle, fidgeting with the contents as he dumped them into his hand. Tyler stared at him, his lip twitching in sudden frustration, before he stepped forward, smacking the pills out of his hand. White circular pills were dumped all over the floor, followed by the sound of the plastic bottle colliding with the tiles.

Lucas stared at the pills scattered on the floor; immediately, he descended upon them like a crazed maniac, collecting as many as he could while Tyler stared in confusion and disbelief. The boy in front of him frantically searched, pushing aside desks while he managed his pills, placing them all into the bottle he held in a death grip in his right hand, so the veins of his hands popped out.

"PLAYER THIRTY-NINE, ELIMINATED."

"Stop!" Tyler hissed. "Stop making so much noise." He pleaded to the boy, who ignored him, continuing his dangerous quest to collect as many pills as possible. Tyler looked towards the door, then back to him; at this rate, anyone in the hall could've heard the two of them with the commotion going on. Tyler didn't know what to do; usually, when he was on stage and forgot his lines, he'd be able to improvise, but this wasn't the same thing; too much was on the line to come up with some witty oneliner to make the audience laugh.