~:Chapter 62:~

Yuki panted, sitting around the corner as she caught her breath. Her heart beat hard as she mentally prepared herself to glance around the corner, giving herself time to steady herself. Swiftly, she stuck her arm around the corner, giving a thumbs up. After a few long seconds, she immediately retreated around the corner. Her heart beat wildly than before as she waited for something to happen. 

At first, nothing happened. The occasional continuous thumping rang out down the hallway. Yuki immediately felt her heart drop, concluding that Jake may not have seen her signal, realizing that she'd have to do it again. Yuki knew it was pure luck that she wasn't spotted the first time, yet, she wasn't sure if she'd be so lucky a second time. But, before moving, she heard a yell from down the hall.

"Hey!" Jake screamed.

Immediately, there was a heavy thumping from down the hall, causing Yuki to poke her head out. She saw the hunter's back turned from her and watched as it barrelled down the hall; the speed at which it traveled nearly scared Yuki. It was faster than she expected, almost like an inhumane speed. 

She didn't take any time to hesitate and bounced around the corner, rushing forward to approximately where the hunter once stood. It wasn't nearly as hard to locate as she thought, finding much more dents and marks of damage on the floor from where the hunter stood. She glanced around as she realized the thumping sounds got quieter, feeling herself slowly calm down as she turned to the door.

She stepped forward when a loud bang radiated from somewhere in the building, making her jump in surprise. She calmed herself down, placing her hand on the grimy doorknob that would have disgusted her in any other circumstances, but she didn't care. She took a deep breath, hearing nothing at the moment except her beating heart as she braced herself for whatever may lie on the back of the door.

She took a deep breath and finally twisted it.

She paused, looking down at the knob as she tried twisting it again, assuming that her hand must've slipped off from the grease. Yet, of course, it didn't turn. She turned the knob again, jiggling it as hard as possible as she realized it was locked.

"Of course!" Yuki grunted to herself in frustration, looking around the hallway for anything remotely helpful. She immediately patted her jacket, remembering the gun she once had in her pocket and that she had given it away to Jake. She could feel her heart beating intensely once more as she realized there was no way in. She sighed in frustration at her choice of giving it away.

"There has to be another way in." She muttered to herself, taking deep breaths to calm her intense heartbeat. She stepped away from the door, scanning her surroundings. Her eyes darted from different pieces of debris and trash on the ground, looking for anything that would open the door for her. She stopped, her eyes stopping on a rectangular shape from across the hallway.

She immediately hurried over to it, kneeling as she picked up the singular brown brick, stained with different shades of brown and black. She cringed at the sight of the disgusting picture, yet, kept it in her hand, turning around and walking up to the doorknob.

She looked around one more time, then fell silent as she listened for nearby sounds. When she didn't hear anything, she took a deep breath in preparation as she raised the brick back, bringing it down on the knob. A solid bang rang out, along with a throbbing pain in her wrist. She dropped the brick, which fell to the floor next to the grimy doorknob as she grabbed her wrist, wincing in pain, yet, it was no match for the immense satisfaction of how it worked.

She took no time to open the door with her uninjured wrist, wasting no time as she entered the door. Whatever she expected lay on the other side of that room was the furthest possible thing from what her eyes fell upon. She gasped in surprise.