~:Chapter 15:~

"Player eighteen eliminated."

"Player thirty-four eliminated."

"Excuse me?" Claire slowly turned around,  staring at Yuki with confusion across her face. Immediately, anxiousness washed across Yuki. She had felt like she had just made the wrong choice, yet, at the same time, it also felt like the right one. She knew that this was what she had to do, especially since she had no other option, at least in her eyes.

She saw Brent gripping the handle of his bat tighter out of the corner of her eye. Instead, she continued to speak. 

"Let him come too," Yuki said to the silent Claire, who simply stared at her. Brent turned to look at her as well. Yuki stared in anticipation, waiting for Claire, who seemed deep in thought to say anything.

"Okay!" Claire shrugged. "I have no issues with that." She explained, catching  Yuki off guard. She didn't exactly expect it to go that well. She assumed the jocks didn't desire it from the sounds behind her.

"Are you serious?" One said.

"He fuckin' cut me." One of the jocks said, holding the laceration on his arm, which began to seep crimson through the spaces between his fingers.

"I don't care what he fuckin' did. It's Claire's decision." Brent responded. The brunette jock approached him, poking him directly in the chest. He took a step backward.

"You're going to fuckin' regret this." He said, turning on his heels and storming off, swinging the bat around in his hands. 

"Anyone else has an issue with Claire's choice?" Brent asked the remaining jocks, who simply sat there in silence, exchanging glances before shaking their heads. They all turned to look towards one of them, who nodded and released the boy. Immediately, he stepped forward. 

"My knife." He muttered. Claire motioned to one of the jocks, who handed it over. He slipped it back into his pocket.

"Since that minor issue is settled. Come, you two." Claire motioned toward both the boy and Yuki, who followed behind her. Yuki glanced over her shoulder, realizing that Brent and Carlos had followed them. Together, the group went through a hallway, then into a door.

"The locker room..?" Yuki muttered to the boy, who shrugged in response. As soon as Claire opened the door, a foul stench met her nose, nearly making her gag in response. Claire glanced over at her, shaking her head.

"The stench is horrid, but you'll get used to it." She sighed.

"It doesn't smell that bad," Carlos spoke up.

"Nah, It's pretty bad," Brent responded.

Together, the two walked over to the locker room corner, where it seemed like numerous bags were set up, along with seemingly gymnastics mats spread across the floor. Brent took a seat down on one of the benches amongst the multiple, cubical blue lockers. 

"Showers and bathrooms are in the other rooms; we've got plenty of sleeping space," Carlos said, sudden hospitality into his voice, which was strange considering he was near to killing her no more than ten minutes ago.

Yuki took a seat on one of the benches, setting his bag to the side, stretching out her back. She had been on the move for so long that she didn't realize how much she needed to take a break. It wasn't even just a physical break required; Yuki needed a mental break. She couldn't help but feel tears forming in her eyes and felt like something lodged in her throat as she thought about it. Yuki blinked and rubbed her eyes, feeling someone put a hand on her shoulder. She looked up only to see the boy sitting next to her with an arm on her shoulder.