~:Chapter 59:~

"Shit!" Amelia yelped as a loud bang ran out from behind her. She didn't dare to turn around; instead, going straight down the hallway, her mind programmed her to run as fast as she could down the path from which she came. 

She flew around corners, her heels tapping against the tile as she sprinted through the double doors to the bridge connecting to the fine arts building, running to the large, intensely decorated brick building reminiscent of a castle from a fairytale. 

She didn't have the time nor any desire to take in the beauty and elegance of the design of the building; instead, she kept running straight through the bridge, ignoring the cramp beginning to form in her side from the sudden intense amounts of exercise. Any pain was better than being killed at the hands of a hunter.

She slammed through the doors and bounced into the fine arts building, glancing around for a clear path as she caught her breath; soon, she sprinted again, passing an occasional dead body as she ran. She could only hear faint distant gunshots, elimination messages, her panting breath, and her shoes tapping against the tiles.

She raced around a corner, immediately stopping in her tracks as she gasped in surprise. Standing at the end of the hallway was a hunter. She watched as it held its gun up to an unfamiliar student on the ground and fired.

"PLAYER NINETY-SIX ELIMINATED"

She sprinted away, running down an adjacent hallway. Although the hunter blocked the path Amelia wanted to take, she knew the Fine Arts building was the best out of all four of them, so finding a detour down another way was no problem.

 She didn't dare glance over her shoulder as she ran for fear that she'd see it running after her, chasing her down the many winding hallways as she ran towards the science building; it wasn't long before she reached the walkway, feeling hopeful as the building that looked like a bunch of large stacked cubes, wholly covered in windows came into view. A sudden sense of adrenaline pushed Amelia through her tiredness, and she continued running down the glass walkway, glancing over to the side and watching the many trees of the surrounding forest pass by.

"I'd rather be lost in the woods." She grunted to herself through her panting breaths.

She stuck her hands out, emerging through yet another set of double doors with a loud bang. Once again, in a familiar action, she glanced around as she caught her breath. This time, however, her gaze fell on a hunter at the end of the hallway, which she must've alerted by flying through the double doors. The hairs stood on her neck as she realized it was running towards her. She paused, staring at the hunter's hand, which had a large red fire-ax instead of holding a gun. 

"W-What the hell?!" Amelia sputtered out, watching as the heavy thumping of footsteps approached. The figure's build was much larger than the other hunters she had seen. This one seemed faster, more agile, more aggressive. She couldn't help but feel like a deer in headlights watching it approach her.

Finally, her senses kicked in. Her mind screamed at her to run. Of course, she obliged, taking off running in the opposite direction as she frantically fled the incoming hunter. The heavy thumping of footsteps from behind her pushed her to run faster. She sprinted down the hallway as fast as she could, more quickly than she ever imagined she could run.

She bounced around a corner, nearly slipping from the sudden change in speed, making her heart skip at the thought of falling on the hard white tiles. However, she quickly regained her balance and continued straight ahead, watching as another figure emerged from a connecting hallway.

Her heart skipped, this time, however, with hope. 

"C-Claire!" She called out as best she could through her heavy breaths. Her eyes locked on the red-haired girl at the end of the hallway, who immediately turned in surprise to look at Amelia.