~:Chapter 19:~

Jake and  Yuki sat against the lockers, wrapped around her. She had her eyes closed, resting them for a moment, yet felt the gaze of Luke on her no matter what. When she had been told he had a plan to keep Luke away from her, this was probably the last thing she had expected. It was stupid, yet brave. She wasn't quite sure if it was foolish just yet.

"Carlos, Luke, Claire." One of the jocks, whose name had slipped Yuki's mind, spoke. Not that she cared; after all, she wouldn't be around much longer for it to even matter in the first place. Yuki opened an eye, glancing over at the boy, who peeked his head around the corner of the lockers. "Brent wants you. They found some kid."

"Ugh... I just sat down." Claire muttered to herself as she stood up; she reached over, grappling her black faux fur and putting it on herself, covering the fair-skinned thin arms and shoulders yet, still leaving most of her torso exposed. Yuki wasn't sure how she wasn't freezing, as the only thing she wore on her chest was a crimson bra with netting to cover the upper portion of her chest.

The two watched as she stood up, escorted out of the room like royalty by the two boys. Soon enough, Jake and Yuki sat alone. Immediately, he removed his arm from her shoulders and stood up, glancing around the corner and looking back at her. The intersection of his mouth slightly rose, giving off a grin.

"Sometimes, you just get lucky." He smirked. In response, Yuki immediately packed all excess food supplies the group had stockpiled in the back corner. It's not like she wanted to leave the group with nothing; hell, she wanted Claire to make it, but Yuki took her. She followed that up by slipping a few water bottles into the front pocket, and so did Jake. She slung it over her shoulder as Jake motioned for her to come.

"Where are we going?" Yuki asked him as they crept through the locker room.

"Far away from here." He said.

"Fair enough," She responded with a sigh.

Jake crept forward, placing his hand on the doorway. As he did so, Yuki couldn't help but feel her heartbeat in her chest, which she wasn't exactly sure why she felt so nervous about it. Out of everything she had gone through, this was one of the lesser things. Yet, she felt nervous adrenaline, like her heart would pop out of her chest.

He glanced back at her.

"Our plan is simple. We run." He said. "Shouldn't be too hard?" He asked her. She shook her head in response, to which he flung open the door. Yuki immediately prepared to take off, running down the hallway without even looking back. What she didn't prepare herself for, however, was coming face to face with Luke, who looked at the two of them with crossed arms.

"Where are you two off to?" He asked. An eerie smile stretched across his face as he noticed the full backpacks. "Lucky for me. I came back... and we're alone, too." He smiled. Immediately, Yuki felt a pit form in her stomach. She backed away, afraid of what he would do to the two of them, especially her.

* * * 

The boy held a hand to his mouth as he sat with his back against the front desk, trying to conceal the sound of his shaky, nervous breath. He closed his eyes, preventing himself from panicking as a group passed through. He heard their footsteps echo throughout the empty lobby and the voices.

From what it sounded like, there were at least five of them. From the voices alone, he concluded that the majority, if not all of them, were male. However, what stood out to him the most, was the familiarity in one of the voices. It sounded like someone he knew, yet, he didn't dare move from his concealed spot beneath the desk. 

"Don't spare any of them, got it?" 

"What if we don't find anyone?"

"We will."