Chapter two

Azalea's pov

After having to take the bus, which was awfully full despite the fact that it's almost afternoon, I'm glad to finally be here.

I quickly walk up the street, my eyes jumping from one mansion to another.

Every house here looks like it could be owned by a movie star.

When I arrive at the right one, after a few minutes of walking, I check the address, that Aiden sent me, again.

I look up from my phone again and, yes this is definitely the right one.

I hesitantly walk towards the huge mansion.

I'd guess that it's a mix between Victorian and something more modern.
But what I can say with certainty is that it is absolutely beautiful.

And huge, god that's a huge house.

Who could ever need these many rooms?

I walk through the open metal gates and my mouth opens wider the closer I get.
I'm glad no one can see me right now. Or at least I hope no one can.

The house really is beautiful.

But the garden tops everything and this is only the front. I can only imagine what it looks like behind the building.

There are flowers everywhere. Perfectly trimmed and colorful.

And, I pause in my tracks, there's even a mini maze in the center!

Woah, are we in a fairytale?

I slowly walk up the wide marble stairs and carefully ring the doorbell.

After only about five seconds the door opens and an older-looking gentleman smiles at me.

"Welcome Miss Fortier, Mister Torres is already waiting for you in the living area. Let me show you there." He says but I can't answer because I'm still trying to comprehend all this.

Does he have a butler?

And a living area ? What does that even mean?

Well, I obviously know what the words mean separately but together?
Is it an overly big living room?

The kitchen, the living room, and the dining room all together?

Or is it something completely different?

The man takes my jacket with a friendly smile and then starts walking me towards what I believe is the living area.
I follow him quietly.

My eyes widen more with every step we take.
If that's even possible.

I mean I knew Aiden was packed but this is another level of rich.

Everything here looks so expensive, I'm scared to breathe on anything and break it.

Everywhere is marble. It's an open but inviting interior. The ceilings are really high and there are a lot of pictures of men and women who are probably Aidens grand grand grandmothers and fathers.

We continue walking down a hall until the butler opens two huge double doors and makes space for me to enter.

And once again I'm shocked.

The chandelier in the middle of the room, hanging down from the ceilings is impressive.
It's so beautiful even from down here that I can't help but wonder what it looks like up close.
But it's nothing against the huge wall full of books.

And there's even a ladder there.

Woah, maybe it's not so bad I had to go here.

I hear a throat being cleared so I'm forced to look at the rest of the room, and oh there is Aiden.