Chapter thirty-eight

Life is such a fleeting thing.

All our daily problems seem so unimportant when it comes down to it.

Down to the question of what's most important in life.

You'd think I would know by now, after all the calamity I had to deal with, in my 18 years on this earth. 

But no. Fate is always unexpected no matter how often you encountered it.

Those are my poetic thoughts since one of the worst days of my life.

I have a lot of those. Worst days in my life.

I flinch as the sudden creaks of the door opening fill the quiet.

Aiden steps into the room in all black.

He looks good in it, the black jeans and black turtleneck.

I watch him through the mirror, as he comes up behind me and puts his hands on my waist.

He puts his head on my shoulder and smiles at me.

"You look beautiful." He turns his head and breathes in deeply. "And you smell good, as always."

I turn around in his arms and put mine around his neck.

"Really? You like the dress?"

"I like every color on you. But black has a special place in my heart."

I huff out a laugh and kiss him softly.
He responds immediately, cupping my cheek gently.

His tongue teases the seam of my lips and I open up immediately but he doesn't deepen the kiss.

"We have to go." He mutters.

I sigh, "I know. It's not even worth it. I'm exhausted and don't wanna go to the funeral."

Katie, my former best friend, and also one of the persons that ruined my life, tragically died in a car accident.

She supposedly drove back home from a party, drunk, and then drove straight into a tree. 

The impact was so great, she died immediately.

I was shocked when I found out.

I know I hated her and resented her for all that she did to me, but I still can't help but feel sorry.

No one deserves to be torn out of life like this.

I for myself know she wasn't a good human being, but I decided to let go of the past and after today I won't ever think of her again.

Now the school decided to hold a second funeral for her, and all of the students have to attend.

I'm pretty sure she bullied about half of the school, so I'm wondering how many will actually go.

~

As soon as the service is over, we drive straight to the hospital where East lies in the ICU.

We made sure at least one of us was always with him.

And as we enter his room Theo gets up to greet us.

He walks straight into my arms and I hug him tight.

Theo didn't wanna go to Katie's "second funeral" since he said she didn't deserve it for all that she did to me.

Aiden also protested but I wanted to go, so he wouldn't let me go alone.

Theo kisses my hair and then walks right into Aiden's arms squeezing him.