Chapter twenty-four

I felt like a zombie this morning but Aiden nursed me back to life.

He got me painkillers and made me a breakfast I was ready to die for.

And now is the time, where normally, all the embarrassing things I did the night before, pop into my mind.

"Holy shit!"

Aiden rushes into the room a second later.
"What's wrong?"

I look at him with my eyes as wide as the damn moon. "Was I dreaming or did we catch your brother Callan who hates to touch people, who I thought would rather die than kiss someone, or exchange saliva like he described it, make out with my best friend last night?" While Aiden is busy trying to smother his snicker I can't wrap my head around yesterday.

"First of, you didn't dream. That is, in fact what happened." He says it so casually that I look up at him.

"Don't you find this weird?!" He looks at me biting his lip to stop himself from grinning.

"Not really. Since Chiara arrived, there was some obvious tension between the two of them."

Wait really? Am I that blind?

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yep." I hear Theos voice cut in.

He's practically floating into the room. He comes right at me and kisses my nose.
"Hey beautiful. How are you? I'm really good. Let's order some pizza!"

I look at Aiden with raised eyebrows and he copies my look of confusion.

"So I guess you had a good night?" I ask Theo, who is now laying belly flat on the couch.

"That's an understatement! The best night of my life." He states.

"Well, tell me about it!"

"Oh trust me I will! Every single detail." He smirks and I try to not look horrified about what's awaiting me.
"But first. Why were you guys talking about the tension between my secret crush and your best friend?!"

I look at him with a funny smile on my face "how is it a secret crush when you just told us?"

"I decided he's my secret crush, so that's what he is."

"Oh okay then."

"Now stop changing the subject! What happened?" He stresses.

"I wasn't changing- uh okay, so long story short, we caught Callan and C making out outside the club last night."

He stares at me. Then looks at Aiden. Then back at me.

"And what did you do?"

"Um, well I was a bit drunk-"

"A bit?" Aiden interrupts with raised brows and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe a little bit more than a bit-" I glare straight at Aiden when I sense him wanting to interrupt me once more. He just chuckles quietly and leaves the room, to do whatever he did before.

"Like I was saying, I was a bit drunk, so I think I said as much as 'holy shit, is that my boss, my best friend is making out with?' and then I passed out I think."

Theo seems to think this over. "And where are they now?"

I think about it.

I'm such a bad best friend! Where the hell is C?

I call her instantly, and luckily she answers after two rings.

"Babe?"

"C?" I breathe out in relief "I'm glad to hear you're alive! Where are you?"