Chapter six

The week flies by pretty quickly, just like the next one.

My hand is much much better.

But I have nightmares nearly every night.
I don't know why they keep getting worse.

Maybe it's because of stress?
I got the job at the Café so I work there 3 days after school and on Saturdays.
Mom is not doing good, so I'm worried about her.

And then there's still that annoying thing called Aiden.

He asks me how my hand is doing, which is much better by the way, and then two seconds later he's glaring at me, like I killed his puppy.

Today is Wednesday and today is also my date with Tristan.

To be honest, I don't know what to expect and I also don't really wanna go.

I know his agenda is to get me into bed, but I wanna start be a little more outgoing again.
Since Chiara left, I've only met Aiden and Theo and otherwise I did nothing.

No fun, no dates, no parties.

I'm looking at myself in the mirror and I don't know what to wear.
I don't care what the guy thinks, I just want the outfit that makes me feel the most powerful, the sexiest.

I try on some things, but settle for a black tight leather pants and a bralette.

When I finished my makeup and hair, just some beach waves, I'm ready to go.
I'm supposed to meet him at a restaurant.
Luckily the one he chose isn't very far away, so I decide to walk.

I got tight leather pants on so driving the bike could be problematic.
I think about Aiden on the walk there.

I just don't get what changed.

We always just had this understanding that we both don't like each other, but if I'm being honest he isn't that bad to be around.

I mean sure he mostly glares at me the whole time.

But when he's asking about my hand and looking at me in his weird way, I know why I've always had this weird crush on him.

Another bonus point is that he stopped humiliating me every chance he gets.

The walk is shorter than expected.

I walk into the restaurant and immediately I spot Aiden.

You've got to be kidding me.

Not tonight!

What is he doing here?

I decide to ignore him and look for Tristan instead.
And I...don't find him.

I swear to everything that's holy if this little shit leaves me standing, I'm gonna cut his balls off.

I go to sit at the table, the most far away from Aiden.

Does he have a date as well?

Why does the thought of that make me wanna kill somebody.

I wait fifteen minutes but he doesn't show up. And it feels like I'm gonna commit a crime today.

I see Aiden looking at me from the corner of my eye.
He's still sitting alone, so that's a relief at least.

After another ten minutes I decide to wait another 5 minutes and if he doesn't show up, I'm gonna get my shovel ready.

Just when I'm about to leave, the fucker walks in.
He hastily walks towards me and I don't even try to hide my annoyance.
Now I'm looking forward to his excuse.