Chapter forty-two

Aiden's pov

We've been working hard these last weeks and now that another three weeks passed we're almost at the end of this school year aka our last school year.

I'm exhausted and honestly done with studying but unfortunately, it's not over yet.

Today though we finally got to take East home.

He should've been able to be taken home sooner, but there was a small incident and the doctor wanted to be safe and keep him in the hospital for some more time.

East's mom also finally visited him.
His dad never made the effort though.
He's just like mine.
Maybe not quite as bad, but still an asshole.

We're currently sitting in a restaurant.

Theo, Az, and I were the first ones to arrive.
Callan and Chiara joined us a little later and I've got my iPad standing on the edge of the table with East on FaceTime.

Theo couldn't stop laughing when he saw it, but since East still felt too weak to come with us this felt like a good solution.

Well if my connection was a bit better, so East wouldn't lag this badly. Oh, and it would also be nice if we could hear him. The music is kinda loud here.

But I guess East has to be happy with seeing our beautiful faces.

"Oh hey," Azalea speaks up from where she's nestled in my side and I turn around my head to see who she's looking at.

"Hey, guys," Toby mutters.

"What are you doing here? Are you alone?" Az asks and I wonder when they grew so close. I didn't even know they've talked before.

"Some friends dragged me here but they're occupied at the moment." He says, a slight red coloring his cheeks.

I can think of what his friends are occupied with.
I saw a few cheerleaders earlier, who are gone now.

"Oh okay. Would you like to sit with us?" Az turns to the table "if that's okay with you guys?"

We all nod.

"Sure, thanks." Toby hesitantly takes a chair but Theo interrupts him.

"Hey! Not that one. Can't you see our friend sitting there?" Theo bellows.

Toby looks confused until he notices the iPad where East is still lagging like crazy.

There's a tense pause until he starts chuckling along with everyone else.
Also East, well at least it looks like he's laughing.

Callan and Az fall into a conversation about coffee once more. I don't really get why, Az hates coffee but I guess it's nice she shows interest since it's kind of Callan's baby.

I talk with Toby about the next game and we discuss what we could improve, all the while Theo acts as if he has a clue.

Talking with us, even tho it's clear he has no idea of football.
And I am one second away from stapling his mouth shut.

"Yeah yeah, I also think Aiden could run a bit faster next time, then maybe you wouldn't be so close to losing anymore y'know." Theo smiles knowingly, even tho he's clueless, at Toby and my eyes twitch.