Chapter thrirty-three

Aiden's pov

My head feels like it's gonna explode, and my eyes hurt.
I can't remember the last time I closed them, let alone ate something.

I think it's been three or four days since I decided that I was going to make everyone pay.

And it's honestly been going great. Well as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

The doctor said they're gonna try to get Az off the machines again, tomorrow.

And I can't even explain what I'm feeling.

I'm so fucking scared I could throw up.
But I also just want my girl back.

Therefore I really, really hope it'll work.

Even though I don't really believe in any god, I've been praying every night.

Just to do something.

Because even though I've been working on my plan to destroy the lives of peasants, it felt like I did absolutely nothing.

I can do nothing for Azalea, and it's driving me fucking insane.

I'm pretty sure the nurses are doing a lot shit wrong. And I know they all hate me, since I always point it out.

Maybe I should become a doctor?

But then, maybe not.
I actually wouldn't have to work a day in my life, if I didn't want to. Just pointing that out.

I'm currently telling Az about my day.

"Like you hopefully noticed, I spent my day next to you, beautiful. Even in a coma you look stunning. I've been quite distracted by you." I pointedly stare at her chest, even though I know she wouldn't see.

"Nonetheless, I got some work done. I've been anonymously buying more and more tiny parts of my dads company. I know that technically 25 percent is already mine, so I'm kinda on the way of destroying my own company but it's worth, taking it from my dad."

I shake my head and refocus on Az.

"I'm gonna tell you what I'm doing about Liam when you're awake. Then you can, I don't know... show me your gratitude?" I smirk, and then laugh because I know for sure, Az would've rolled her eyes at this so hard.

"You're most burning question? I'm fine, don't worry Lux mea. The doc insisted on checking on me a few times but other than the bruises everywhere, I'm as good as always. The pain killers also always help."

I take her hand in mine, and trace her veins.

"I hope you're doing okay. I'm not really actually. Mentally." I sigh.

"I miss you my love. Come back to me and I swear I'll give you whatever you want. More dogs? I'll buy you a pack of dogs? More books? I'll buy a library. Oh and I'll never stop serving you food. Even lasagna. And donuts, so many donuts." I kiss her cheek softly. Her bruising is better but it's still there and I can't put into words how much I hate those bruises.
The swelling on her eye though, went fully away.

"Anyways, your mom told me what a sneaky little shit you were when you were little. And the pranks you always pulled on everyone." I chuckle imagining her as a child, pranking the whole family.

I continue telling Az everything that comes to mind until my eyes fall shut against my will.

-

I jerk up.

Shit, I fell asleep.

I look down at my phone to check the time, but frown when I realize it died.

Ugh, where did I put my charger again?