Chaoter thirty-two

Theo's pov

The doctor walks towards us and we all get up instantly.

"Everything went well and she's stable now." He says and we all breathe out a sigh of relief.

Aiden has a few broken bones and he had a concussion. Azalea on the other hand has fractured ribs, a lot of broken bones, and cranial trauma.
Which means she had to go into immediate emergency surgery.

Aiden had surgery as well, because of his broken arm but it also went well.

The doctor tells us that they had to put Azalea into a coma, the machines helping her breathe.

"You can now visit Mr. Torres if you would like."

Chiara arrived sometime earlier at the hospital after she got the news of what happened.
Her and Azalea's mom go to find some coffee while Callan, East and I walk into Aiden's room.

He lays in a white bed, surrounded by an even whiter and sterile room.

This is not where I would want to wake up, after something probably bad happened, personally.

But guess he didn't have much of a choice. Anyways.

East and Callan go over to his left side and I stay on the right.

"Hey, assholes." Aiden croaks out, his voice hoarse.

"Hey, you piece of shit." East answers and Callan nods.

"Where is Az?" Aiden questions and I think we all wince. I dreaded this question, even though I knew it would be his first.

Azalea is always the most important to him.

I've known Aiden my whole life and never imagined him being so desperate to be with another human being.
Sure we've always been good friends but it's not the same.

"Man, you broke your left hand and two ribs, you also had a concussion, but you had surgery and everything went fine. I'm sure the doctor is gonna tell you so, in the next few minutes-" Callan says.

"Tell me about Az." Aiden interrupts him.

"She honestly got it a lot worse. She also had a concussion. Has broken bones and um- cranial trauma. Which means she's in a coma right now. Nothing is sure yet, but the doctor says it looks good and she is stable."

I don't think Aiden is breathing anymore.

"I wanna see her." He demands, already trying to get up but we all hurry to stop him.

"You can't get up yet Aiden," Callan says.

"And no one's even allowed to go to Az yet." I add.

"I- fuck!" Aiden curses falling back into the bed.
"Fuck fuck fuck." He squeezes his eyes shut and when he opens them again, I find them being glassy.
"I'm so sorry. I was driving."

Callan leans down to him, putting his forehead against Aidens. "It's not your fault that's for sure. The police are still investigating but apparently, it was a drunk driver." Callan says and lets out a shaky breath. "I'm so glad you're okay brother. It could've been much worse."

Aiden nods but it's obvious he's not convinced.

"Yeah, I'm really glad you're okay." I say "you know I love you like a brother." I add.

"Same goes for me," East says. "We were fucking scared. And even though this is shit, like Callan said, it could've been much worse."

I walk over and hug Aiden, and after he grumbles a bit he finally hugs me back.