Chapter thirty-six

Azalea's pov

It's another two days later and I can finally go home.

Which is really great.

But it also means I have to face all the shit I've been ignoring for the past 48 hours.

My mind has been sorting it all out.

"You sure you want to keep them all?" Chiara asks and I look over to see her pointing at the mountain of flowers, or rather Azaleas Aiden gifted me while I was in the coma.

Feels so damn weird to even think that.

I've been in a coma.

We had a car crash. Thanks to some disgusting human being, drinking while driving.
At least that's what Aiden told me. And he had it from Callan, who again has it from the police.

And the reason we've been even driving...

It's not true, is it?

I haven't asked mom about it yet, and she hasn't said anything but she got this guilty look in her eyes every time we talk.

But it's also no secret that she's not healthy.
My mom looks sick. And I hate it.

"Az?" I hear Chiara's soft voice, she puts her hand on my lower back "are you okay?"

I shake my head to get rid of all those worries, "yeah sorry, I'm fine." I smile shakily. "And yes, I wanna keep the flowers."

C smiles back and kisses me on the cheek before starting to pack the rest of my stuff.

-
"God I missed those over-expensive sheets," I say, rolling around in Aidens sheets, even though everything still hurts.

But the sheets are just so soft.

Aiden insisted that I sleep in his room for the foreseeable future. And of course, I couldn't decline.

Aiden walks over to where I'm awkwardly lying on the bed and sits down.

I try to sit up and grunt when my body won't exactly cooperate.

Aiden hastily helps me, "be careful love."

"Yeah yeah, I am," I reply and he narrows his eyes at me. "Where is everyone by the way?"

"Callan is working and C is helping him I believe. And Theo and East are taking mom here." Aiden responds and my eyebrows go up.

"Really? Are you sure it's safe to bring her here?"

"Yes, he hasn't made any move in the last weeks. Therefore I think it's safe."

I nod my head, I mean I've mostly been out of it but I know Aidens father hasn't made any moves.

On the one hand, that's a good thing but on the other hand, it makes me nervous.

"So how's it been going?" I ask and Aiden looks at me.

"Hm?"

"Ruining lives?" I elaborate and his eyes widen.

"You heard me?" he asks and I nod.

And then I crack up because I'm sure there's a ton of shit Aiden told me while in a coma, that he wouldn't want anyone else to know. Not even me.

I can remember some stuff, but not much. I don't tell him that though because the horrified look on his face is perfect.

"So you were scared of me huh?" I ask, still laughing.

Aiden covers his face with his hands and groans.

After a few seconds he looks up at me and I suck in a breath. He's so damn beautiful.