Chapter forty-four

Aiden's pov

"Evan Collins." Our headmasters' voice sounds through the microphone, echoing through the people and I watch Collins walk up there to collect his diploma.

The whole school ground is filled with students and their families and friends.

Callan, Chiara, and East are in the crowd.

As well as my mom and Azalea's, which is a surprise since she originally wasn't supposed to go.
But after making sure she would be fine, the doctor gave us the go.

Theo and Azalea both sit on either of my sides, in robes and caps the same as all of the graduates.

I think Theo's parents are also here, not sure about that though.
I haven't seen them in a long time, Theo's father was close to my father a few years ago. So that is not a good sign.

"Theo Marino," I hear next and Theo gets up to walk up the three tiny stairs, taking his diploma into his hands with a charming, typical Theo smile, on his face.

Az follows soon after.

And when I've got my own diploma in my hands, which feels surreal, I walk straight into Az's arms.

Picking her up and hugging her close to me, while kissing her softly.

"I'm so proud of us all," Theo exclaims as he joins us and Az agrees excitedly.

"Thanks to you Theo. Honestly, without all the notes you took for us, we would've been lost. So thanks." Az thanks him again.

"Always soulmate," Theo replies cheekily and I quirk my eyebrows at them. Az just chuckles before kissing me again.

I yearn to deepen the kiss, but she pulls away again before I can.

"I'm so glad we did this together. I love you Aiden," she says and I can't even begin to describe what she means to me.

"I love you lux mea." I can try though.

Az smiles happily until her focus slips to somewhere behind me and her face crumbles.
"Mom?" She asks before walking forward and hugging Leni, her mom tightly.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to come today," Az mutters while trying to suppress her tears. She's always so strong for her mom.
Her tears make me wanna take her somewhere safe and never let anyone make her shed a single tear ever again. But I know those are happy tears.
So I'm gonna have to suppress my super caveman thoughts.

"I wouldn't miss my daughter's graduation in a million years," her mom smiles lovingly "I'm so proud of you Lea." She kisses her cheek before looking at the rest of us.
"And I'm proud of you all too, thank you for being such good friends to my baby. Lea is lucky to have you all."

"Of course Mrs. Fortier, it's been a pleasure," Theo replies smiling.

"Oh, call me Leni my boy!"

"I'm the lucky one," I state proudly "for being loved by your daughter."

Her mom smiles before leaning towards Az "oh you caught yourself a good one."