Chapter twenty-eight

"Mom?" Aiden breathes and her eyes open.

She smiles a weak smile before her eyes close again.

I notice Aidens breathing getting quicker again.

My own breathing is uneven.

I'm in shock, I can't imagine what Aiden is thinking at the moment.

He slowly backs up from her, walking backwards. I catch his hand.

He pulls it free and turns quickly.

"Aiden?"

He walks out of the room, and I have to almost run to keep up with him.

Before I know it Aiden crashes open the doors to his father's office and walks straight towards him.

Without hesitation he punches him hard.

His father stumbles back, his eyes wide in shock.

But Aiden doesn't stop. His father tries landing a blow but he clearly has no idea how to fight.

Aiden punches him so hard he falls to the ground. He leans down and spits on his father.
And he keeps punching him, his knuckles getting busted open.

There's blood on his fathers face already. A lot.

I finally come to my senses "Aiden!"

I walk up to them still calling Aidens name, but it's like he's in his own world.

His father looks one second away from passing out at this point.

"Aiden! Fucking stop!" I shout and and grab his arm pulling him back. And thank god he lets me.

He falls back on his ass. "Aiden calm down. I get it, you want to see him bleed. But you need to calm down. We really don't need a dead body on our hands, especially not one with power and influence." I say Aiden nods after a minute.

"You're right." He breathes "but fuck. Fuck! Az my mom is alive! I knew he was a sadistic asshole but who does this? He even held a fucking funeral for her! I-" he pauses to breathe in deeply.

"Let's get you out of here. I know you don't want to leave your mom here but there's no way we can get her out now. But we will okay? I promise you that." He nods mindlessly and takes my hand when I offer it to him.

~

I instantly called Theo and Callan to come to the mansion.

Theo said he was already on his way and Callan didn't even hesitate to say yes.

I haven't told them what exactly happened but I think my shocked voice let them know that something was seriously wrong.

When we finally make it to the mansion again, I instantly spot Theo and Callan.

They both walk to us, Theo kisses my cheek and I smile at him.

Callan pulls me into a hug and I hug him back. I haven't seen him a lot lately. He was rarely around when I had shifts at the Café.

I pull back and smile sleepily at him "it's good to see you."

"I missed you too." He teases and I chuckle before I remember what just happened at Aidens father's mansion, so I quickly pull myself together and we all head to the living room.

I sit down on the couch next to Aiden taking his hand in mine and Theo and Callan sit opposite us.

"So..." Theo begins "you both look pretty traumatized. What happened?" I shoot him a glare. There's really no time for his jokes right now.