Epilogue 2

Aiden's pov

another 5 months later

I walk out of the changing room exhausted as hell.

It's Friday and I've finally got another long week behind me.

I'm in college now and the football team here expects much more than the one at my old school.

"You did good Torres, but there's always better. Be more fixated on the ball while still watching your teammates next week, you got me?" My coach says and I nod my head.

"Sure, coach."

"Perfect. Now enjoy your weekend." He says and walks away, I shout a simple 'thanks, you too', and jog towards my car.

It's raining, even though the sun was just shining a second ago. This isn't unusual for April.

Most people probably hate the constant weather changes, I myself enjoy it though.

Even if the weather changes are always a bit sudden, I've always loved every season so I don't mind, rain, wind, and also a little sun in the mix.

I can feel every single one of my muscles and even walking hurts, so I refrain from jogging and just let the rain pour onto me when I exit the car and walk into the house.

I put my shoes on the rack and my football bag next to it. I'll have to remember to empty it later.

Suddenly I pick up a heavenly smell through my nose and almost groan.
I'm ready to eat about anything at this point.

I enter the kitchen and stop short when I see my mom and Azalea standing at the counter, preparing food while chatting and I can even detect a small smile on Az's lips.

The last weeks have been hard, but the changes that happened distracted us all.

We moved, then I started college, Az decided to wait another year though since she wouldn't be able to concentrate on studying at the moment.

East has been getting stronger and stronger and I'm the only one that knows he finally made his first steps.

I'm excited for Az to find out. She's been very passionate about East being able to walk again.

My mom has been dedicated to the garden outside of the house.

It looks beautiful. And she even planted a ton of Azaleas after I asked her to.

I decided to leave the old house behind. My father chose it after all, and besides making him suffer I don't want anything else to ever have to do with him again.
Besides the marble floors annoyed me.

Azalea also reluctantly decided to sell her and her mom's old house.
She said it didn't have too many nice memories anyway. Most of them had been made outside or in Azaleas childhood home.

We're now living in a tinier mansion on the outskirts of the city mine and Chiara's colleges are. Az thought the house was still much too big, but no way in hell could I do without my home gym or the cinema room.
The indoor pool is also a nice addition, one I'm sure Azalea never once complained about.