Chapter thirty-five

Azalea's pov

I can't believe the boys broke into a shop for me.

It's been two days since I got off the machines. And even though I still feel like shit, I feel much better than yesterday.

Aiden just told me what they did, and I can't stop laughing, even when my ribs are killing me.

Aiden pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of  Theo with a sock that has holes in it over his head, and my ribs start hurting even worse when I continue laughing and coughing.

"What is this sound that reminds me of a dying cat?" Theo throws at me as he walks in and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Hey! Take that back you little shit." Aiden insists.

Theo leans down and kisses my cheek. "I won't. But at least you look beautiful."

"I hate you," I whisper with a smile on my face.

"You know you love me."

"Not so sure. Are you the one that wore a sock over his head?" I ask and he acts shocked.

"I did all of that for you. I even risked my intestines." He demands and I have no idea what he's talking about, but laugh nonetheless.

"Oh and Theo called your favorite flowers stupid," Aiden speaks up and I raise an eyebrow.

"He wouldn't!" I demand and watch as Theo smirks at Aiden, while he rolls his eyes so hard it's a wonder they're still in place.

Boys.

-

The boys left after some hours. But I had to convince Aiden to go with Theo.

I want him to look after his mom. I know he hasn't visited her once since the crash.

Thoughts of the crash immediately put tears into my eyes.

So much worse things could've happened.

I once again could've lost Aiden.

How many times do I have to get through shit like that? I've really had enough.

I haven't talked to mom about why we were even driving.

And I'm honestly afraid to ask.

My mom can't have cancer right?
I've been through enough right?

Fortunately, Chiara enters the room and saves me from my thoughts.

"Hey, beautiful." She calls and I smile.

"Hey. How'd everything go? Did you settle in good?"

She walks over to the bed and sits down.

"Well, the last few days weren't exactly the best. But I'm sure I will soon."

"I'm so sorry. I know you've been so excited to come back." I frown and she scoffs.

"You know exactly I don't want you to apologize. And nothing of that matters. Only that you are better now."

"I missed you."

She leans down and kisses my cheek. "I missed you so much too, best friend."

"So how's it going with..."

She raises her eyebrows as if she doesn't know who I'm talking about.

I arch one eyebrow until she surrenders and sighs.

"Okay, okay. We talked a few times. And he came over once, but nothing happened. Just in case again, you really would be okay if something happened between us?" She asks uncertainly.

"Of course. I have no say in who you or Callan see. I'd be happy for you." She smiles relieved and I really mean it.

I know Callan is an amazing guy and Chiara deserves someone like that.

We fall into a conversation that keeps me from thinking about all the things I don't wanna think about.

I hope I'll be able to go home soon, so I can see what to do next.
Because I have no damn clue.

—————

Hope y'all enjoyed the last three chapters:)

Don't forget to vote or your timetable's gonna change and you'll have math EVERY day👺

Love Alina<33