Chapter twenty-nine

It's two days later and today we're gonna get Aidens mom, Elizabeth, out of that hell.

Aiden was able to coerce the Doc into helping us, while we got her out.

And he assured us that it would be fine, after East hacked into Mister Torres's security cameras and we could have a look at all the machines Elizabeth is connected to.

I was stunned when East did all that, but Aiden told me he has always been a genius.

I'm in the passenger seat, while Aiden is driving. Doctor Green is in the back and East next to him.

Theo and Callan took another car, so we'll have enough space for Aidens mom.

I take Aidens hand in mine and squeeze.

"We're here." Aiden says and we all straighten.

"Okay. We'll just get your mom and then we're out. Everything's gonna be fine."

Aiden nods and smiles tightly.

He parks the car slightly behind the mansion, so it doesn't look suspicious, but we can also get Elizabeth, Aidens mom straight into the car.

Everyone opens the doors, except for me.

Because mine is locked.

I instantly know that's no coincidence.

"Aiden Torres." I snap.

"Please just stay here Az. I know you want to help but I'm only gonna worry about you."

"We'll that sounds like your problem." I say with narrowed eyes.

He sighs. "Please. I want you to be safe and I'm not sure what he would do if he notices why we're here."

My gaze softens "I'll be safe. You know I can fight. I get it, but please don't ask me to stay behind while my friends could be in danger. That's not me."

He sighs heavily "I know, I'm just- I don't want you near my father ever again."

"And I'll do my best to prevent that from happening again."

He smiles tightly. "I love you Az."

I put my lips to his and kiss him hard.
He puts his hand on my neck and I open up for him, letting his tongue invade. He groans when I pull back a bit.
"I love you Aiden."

We reluctantly pull apart again, and I notice the others are already near the back entrance, including Theo and Callan.

We walk up to them and Aiden walks up to a back door.

"So this is for the servants I suppose?" I ask.

"Yes." Aiden replies. "Let's go."

Aiden goes to open the door, but it is locked.

"I guess my skills are needed again." I say, while smiling and pulling out my bobby-pin.

I work on the lock for a whole three minutes, before it finally opens.

"Okay everyone be quiet, we don't have to hide but we also don't want to attract to much attention from the staff, got it." We all nod but Theo replies "Yes sir!"

I roll my eyes but smile while taking Aidens hand in mine once again and walking inside.

We pass several doors, and Aiden explains that most of them lead to rooms like the kitchen or the washing room.

We walk upstairs and I know we're getting closer to Elizabeth's room, assuming she's still in there.

We hear a deep voice and I immediately recognize it as Aidens father.