(V2) Chapter 10

(THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1000 READS! You guys are the best! :D ^w^ <3)

DreamXD Pov

I knocked on Drista's door, the faint sound of angry sobs echoing throughout her oom and into the narrow hallway.

"Hey sis," I said soothingly, "Will you please come out?"

The door creaked open a tiny bit and I let myself in, her sniffling sadly. Sitting down on the bed next to her comfortingly, I wrapped my arms around her, "Everything is going to be alright."

"Why do the creators exist?" She stopped crying for a moment, tears still streaming down her face.

"I'm not sure," I was confused myself, "But they know what's best for us!" She didn't seem convinced at all, "Look at it this way," I tried to explain, "If you don't break up with Tommy you'll lose all your powers! You would have to become a human!"

Clearly my words weren't helping the situation, as she snapped her fingers and teleported away from me. Just great. Being the only girl amongst us I just couldn't understand her feelings, but I had a feeling I knew who would.

Y/n Pov

Hmm, I thought to myself. Reaching for the box of cake mix. Chocolate or Vanilla? Suddenly somebody tapped me on my shoulder; whipping around in fright I dropped the box on the ground and let out a little yelp.

"Relax, it's just me," XD said calmly. A light came from his fingertips and I instantly was no longer scared.

Letting out a deep breath I responded, "It's been a few days, where have you been?"

His usually in control voice was now speaking shakily, "Drista might lose her powers," DreamXD let out a sigh now, "At least if she doesn't break up with Tommy."

My reply to the divinity was instant, "So? If she loves him she ought to stay with him, powers or not."

Hesitantly, the god continued, "I just thought you could help me to convince her not to stay with him, you see the creators-"

"I'm not getting mixed up in this nonsense! I snapped at him, "I've survived being a mortal all these years, Drista should do what she wants, let her make the decision."

"I can't Y/n! She's only fourteen! How is she supposed to make all the adult decisions?" He snapped back at me.

"Well she's not," I retorted, "Drista's fourteen thousand years old!" I realized my arguing was pointless, "Just bring me to her? I'll do my best to help however I can."

He nodded his head, holding my waist and waving his hand so that we teleported right before her, Tommy looking confused and mixed up in the whole mess.

"Tommy," I turned to him, "Leave."

Doing as he was told, my younger best friend scurried away like a bewildered animal. Watching for a moment to make sure he left, Tommy disappeared into the distance. I then swiveled and faced DreamXD.

"You need to leave too," I crossed my arms, "Now."

DreamXD flew up into the sky, still looking down but I knew he could hear us wherever he went and chose to ignore him.

I put a comforting hand on Drista's shoulder and we both sat down on a nearby log.

"I know we don't know each other that well," I started, "But I think it would be best if you started out by telling me how you feel."

"I just don't want to leave Tommy, he's the first good thing that ever happened to me!" Drista seemed to be opening up to me, and I was thankful for that.

"Well what do you mean by that? Heartbreak is always difficult," I struggled with what to say, as I believed she should just give up her powers for a happier life, then again she was technically only fourteen in human years.

"I just need some time to think," Drista stated and flew away, leaving me unsure of what to do next. Despite barely even knowing her, I somehow felt some instant connection to the Goddess. That's when I made up my mind.

It didn't matter if I would have to face the creators myself, what they were doing was wrong.

--------------------------------------------------

696 words! Thats actually pretty good considering the short last couple of chapters! I hope you enjoyed this longer one, I might even post later on today since you were all kind enough to give me 1k reads! :D