(V2) Chapter 58

"Do you want to go and finish harvesting the potatoes?" My husband asked me.

"Sure, let me just grab the basket," I walked over to the farming cabinet and grabbed the massive wicker basket, muh larger than the picnic one, as it was for carrying tons of potatoes. The two of us walked out into the field, and a simple day of harvesting was to begin.

➽──────────────❥

"Okay I think we've harvested enough-" I heard a strange sonic-boom sound from overhead and instantly looked up. What on earth was going on? A huge missile, the largest one I'd seen yet, was sailing through the air towards our house.

"DAFFODIL!" I shrieked, her time in this world had been so short... After all, her wing had only been repaired yesterday! I took off running towards the house, and time seemed to become still. I heard XD yell for Holly, who was nearby and helping carry all the potatoes. He hopped onto her back and ran towards me, dragging me onto the mare as the missile got closer... and closer. In the nick of time we were able to escape as the house was decimated into a trillion pieces, and the three of us flew high into the air, maybe about fifty feet. Holly landed in the river with DreamXD, but I flew off and hit the ground. I was dead.

I woke up with a terrible discomfort back at spawn. Dying was a draining process, and here on Forever you had infinite lives, but the scars would never heal. I observed my body, and thankfully the only scarring as on my head, hidden underneath my mop of hair.

It was quite the effort, but I stumbled back to my house. By the time I got there, I was starving and dehydrated, but it was worth it to know what had happened. A ginormous crater encircled what had been my house, and already laid the sign, "Beware of Graystillplays."

That house was my pride and joy, my months of hard labor, all gone in the blink of an eye. I screamed and sobbed for the loss of the house and Daffodil, and that's when I saw it. A feather sitting in the middle of the wreckage. No longer caring about safety, I scaled down the side of the cliff and reached her death spot... right where she had been taking a peaceful nap. Perhaps if I'd left the bird back in the forest she would still be alright, struggling, but alright.

I picked up the yellow feather just moments before it despawned and observed it in awe and beauty. It meant so much to me, but somehow it didn't feel right to keep it. The proper decision was going to be making a memorial back in the jungle, that's what felt right.

XD came out of the nearby woodlands and ran towards me from the field, wrapping me in a warm embrace wordlessly. He too, had cared for the cockatiel of majesty, and it seemed that he too knew what we had to do.

➽──────────────❥

Me, DreamXD, and Holly, battered and tattered but still standing, make the long hike to the jungle where we'd found her. We dug a nice little "grave" and buried the feather. Afterwards, we crafted some stone bricks and a glow sign, "In honor of Daffodil" before camping out in the tree for the night. We had no beds, and we'd lost everything. Maybe Dream had been right, maybe attachment was worthless after all. We had to defeat Graystillplays, I realized, and who better to help us then Dream?

--------------------------------------------

599 Words! Kind of shorter, but i'm posting this extra one for you on a Wednasday because OMG you guys have been commenting, voting, etc. SO MUCH! I love you guys so much! Hope you enjoy this chapter <3